"PHiss"-French mini meet-#### FULL ####

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Phil

Re: "PHiss"-French mini meet-#### FULL ####

Post by Phil »

Tom94 wrote:Just a quick question guys, Michelin T63 Or Pirelli MT21? Got the C02 for the back.
T63 - fab on the roads, not good on mud.
MT21 - pretty darn good on the road, pretty good in the mud
Army special - ok on the road, ace in mud!

im going down on either army special or MT21. (think MT21) but i have a E0-9 on the back which i find sound and very "trust worthy" on the road ;)
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Just done use a e09 on the front in clay / chalk unless you fancy a face full :laugh:
edharper

Post by edharper »

Now then lads. Ive surfaced on the forum and I will say that I am really looking forward to this!

Whats all this tyre talk. Dont tell me I need to put another new rear on and then ride down there thus shagging it before we start.

Where's the local bike tyre man? Or am I in a dream world? (Dont answer that).

Looking forward to seeing you lads at the ferry check in.

Best wishes.

Ed.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

ey up Ed :cheer: ...thought you`d got lost on a building site ;) ..I seem to remeber you use tkc tyres?...There is no local tyre fitter at the meet..

As the nutters will be in another group :P us older more sensible folk can bimble along..the front tyre needs good tread depth..the back well your call..but if its wet and slippy you`ll struggle..most of the big bikes have mitas E-09 rears..nearly new...its about 500mls to the meet point as the bike sways..

I`ll leave it to you...but philinfrance manages on a bald tkc ..but then he hasnt any sence :woohoo: I would say 6mm rear minimum..but the tkc dosent have much more new :P
edharper

Post by edharper »

Understood Russ.

Thanks for the advice buddy.

I am not having much luck with those coords in google earth.

Its getting me close to Phil's (like I know where it is!) but no buildings there.

What am I doing wrong.

N44 48.595
E1 26.224

Is that how you input it into a placemark?

:S
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

To be honest Ed..just find Payrac and then campanole off the D36..ride right into village..bugger all houses and rev the bike...phil will see you its that quitte and isolated..I will give anyone who wants it his mobile number on ferry.just bang those coordinates into the garmin and save as a waypoint....
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

edharper wrote:Its getting me close to Phil's (like I know where it is!) but no buildings there.
Well, there were't until Phil came along :laugh:

Seeing that the coords are in the public domain I've put my own map out there too!

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

close enough Simon...without giving anything away :laugh: there is a big bread oven on your left...big enough to fit a few 1000 loaves in..

and a prize to anyone who can spot his "conker tree" :P
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

And a 3 ton RED and BLACK DIGGER :laugh:

No worries guys if you can get yourselves to PAYRAC, turn right (coming from the North) at the POST OFFICE pass the CHURCH on your left , road turns round to the right passing the GENDARMERIE on the left !!!!! Second left after that there'll be a PHISS SIGN , follow this road , don't turn off untill the next PHISS SIGN about 2 klicks after the 1st

When in Campanole ..................learn this phrase :woohoo:

" où est le nutter anglais avec les motos " :silly:

Phil
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

ps, TYRES...........................black round thongs :whistle:

BUT on a serious note , if anyone wants tyres, why not order from here.....

www.pneus-online.fr/Discount
or
www.pneus-online.fr/pneu-moto/MITAS/

And get them delivered to our house ,i use them all the time

OK it's all in French but easy enough to use !!! if any one want to use this give us a shout and i'll send you our full address

Phil

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”