Rally ride out poll - on or off road ride outs?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Alun

Rally ride out poll - on or off road ride outs?

Post by Alun »

A few of the locals near the 'First to the Boil' camp site are looking at ride out routes - thanks lads. So what's your preference, on road or off road? Cast your vote above.
CRAIGREVO

Re: Rally ride out poll - on or off road ride outs?

Post by CRAIGREVO »

29er and mud.jpg
29er and mud.jpg (122.09 KiB) Viewed 2801 times
;)
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

did you see that

nasty motorbike man runs over cyclist

grrrr
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

minkyhead wrote:did you see that

nasty motorbike man runs over cyclist

grrrr
Hahahaha! :laugh:
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

You can see from the picture, he went that way!!!! :laugh:
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

:laugh: :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo:
James691

Post by James691 »

Must have been a Harley rider, bad brakes! :blush:
Dancing in the moonlight
africajim

Post by africajim »

I've voted both although I'd like to highlight the definition of "offroad". As I ride a Mighty Varadero and if you drive it "offroad" it will bury its back end into the ground and many people will laugh!
I would like to clarify what is meant by "offroad", I believe what's being discussed here is off tar and on hard tracks or fire roads as they're sometimes called. Greenlaning can be a mixed bag of hard tracks and quite soft boggy parts, doing these with an adventure bike is for the brave!
The reason I'm highlighting this is because a lot of people can be put off by the thought of venturing "offroad" as it can be perceived as hardcore mud, water or rough, rock strewn tracks.
I'm not averse to a bit of rough (ooh err missus!) but if we organise both, individuals can then choose whether or not to try the "offroad" bits after discussing with folk who know the layout of the tracks. Once this has been brought up I can then decide whether to take the Mighty Varadero or my old Beemer, (it's been along the road on it's side so a bit of rough wouldn't do any harm!)
Honda, the power of dreams.
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

africajim wrote:I've voted both although I'd like to highlight the definition of "offroad". As I ride a Mighty Varadero and if you drive it "offroad" it will bury its back end into the ground and many people will laugh!
I would like to clarify what is meant by "offroad", I believe what's being discussed here is off tar and on hard tracks or fire roads as they're sometimes called. Greenlaning can be a mixed bag of hard tracks and quite soft boggy parts, doing these with an adventure bike is for the brave!
The reason I'm highlighting this is because a lot of people can be put off by the thought of venturing "offroad" as it can be perceived as hardcore mud, water or rough, rock strewn tracks.
I'm not averse to a bit of rough (ooh err missus!) but if we organise both, individuals can then choose whether or not to try the "offroad" bits after discussing with folk who know the layout of the tracks. Once this has been brought up I can then decide whether to take the Mighty Varadero or my old Beemer, (it's been along the road on it's side so a bit of rough wouldn't do any harm!)
A few of us are meeting up on Sunday to assess some local lanes. At that point we'll work out something suitable for big bikes like ours I'm sure. As we all agree, the machines have got to get us home! :)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

africajim wrote:I've voted both although I'd like to highlight the definition of "offroad". As I ride a Mighty Varadero and if you drive it "offroad" it will bury its back end into the ground and many people will laugh!
dont worry mate the last thing we want is someone hurt
i am no off road god thats for sure .. ive had the vara and little veestrom down a few back tracks ..not gracful ..but not scary
the faster lighter lads can get their rocks off by goung a bit quicker ..the big heavy dudes can take satisfaction from gettin through hell if the weather turns things to snotty im not above saying im going back and hook round on the tarmack to meet up

hers john on his wee note the tyres

By minkyhead at 2010-11-07

me on the flying pig

you gotta be joking belive me thta steeper than it looks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”