125cc trail bike wanted please

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: 125cc trail bike wanted please

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Smart bike. Enjoy. Try not to worry.
richeyroo

Post by richeyroo »

He has a pretty good understanding of the issue as my brother was killed aged 28 in 1999 when a massively illegal car pulled out in front of him , 3 years before James was born. Cops reckon Dave was doing about 40 in a 50 zone
Always loved motorbikes and still do
Just hate some car drivers
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

richeyroo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:26 pm Thanks for all the offers and suggestions

I went down to scary old London and picked up a 2011 wr125r for £2500 with included a decent jacket, helmet, 2 locks , original bill of sale, always helpful for a beginner) and a decent service history

Its only done 2500 miles, obviously you can never know for sure but it is on the original tyres, no signs of wear and tear, just a cracked but entirely useable fairing to sort out

I can even see us keeping it as a family, costing almost nothing to run in terms of tax/MOT/insurance/ MPG and servicing costs

Went for our first run this afternoon, and I have to say, even though my son is reasonably competent. it is absolutely horrible riding 20 metres behind him, thinking all the time "hope you've seen that tw@t who is about to pull out", "move into the middle of road" blah blah blah

It makes you realize how naturally defensive positioning, and a sense of self preservation, comes to you after 36 years of riding.

Happy days to come I hope

Thanks all
That looks really nice. 125s have moved on a lot over the years haven't they? Looks wise, that's pretty cool I reckon. Have fun with it - I'm sure you will. IMHO best thing is to find some old mx track, or a load of green lanes, and just let him crash it, until all the skills involved in not crashing it start to develop. The slushier and sloppier the better. He'll be balancing back end spins and saving front-end slides before you know it. All good transferable skills for the road too.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

richeyroo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Went for our first run this afternoon, and I have to say, even though my son is reasonably competent. it is absolutely horrible riding 20 metres behind him, thinking all the time "hope you've seen that tw@t who is about to pull out", "move into the middle of road" blah blah blah

It makes you realize how naturally defensive positioning, and a sense of self preservation, comes to you after 36 years of riding.

Thanks all
I still feel like that when riding behind my Wife until I remind myself that she has more training than I have ever had and as a result she has never crashed in the 7 years she's been riding whilst I still bear the scars of my first years of riding (with zero training).
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Great bike that, maybe get him to go behind you so you can't see him. :D

125cc can be huge fun off road and really test your planning. It makes a well timed gear change massively satisfying :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Toe

Post by Toe »

richeyroo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:26 pm Thanks for all the offers and suggestions

I went down to scary old London and picked up a 2011 wr125r for £2500 with included a decent jacket, helmet, 2 locks , original bill of sale, always helpful for a beginner) and a decent service history

Its only done 2500 miles, obviously you can never know for sure but it is on the original tyres, no signs of wear and tear, just a cracked but entirely useable fairing to sort out

I can even see us keeping it as a family, costing almost nothing to run in terms of tax/MOT/insurance/ MPG and servicing costs

Thanks all
Great find, the wr would been my first choice for when my gf does her cbt.

The riding at the back and worrying will probably come around, I now worry about my dad :lol:.
I passed my test on the "in between" test (after "ride your mates bike round the block" but before the multi test) and now ride far more than he does! I'm sure he still worries too.
Despite that and once you relax about it and take turns who's up front it's a fantastic thing to be able to do with family.
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”