WANTED - Honda CRF250L or similar (freeride etc...)

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
byewayrider

Re: WANTED - Honda CRF250L or similar (freeride etc...)

Post by byewayrider »

Why can't you travel 200mls to View a bike unless your in Wales or Scotland?.... Distance should not be a object and surely a drive or ride out after the restrictions we've endured would be great... Getting it delivered isn't hard..

Can't understand some folks logic..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
scramblermatt

Post by scramblermatt »

byewayrider wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:22 am Why can't you travel 200mls to View a bike unless your in Wales or Scotland?.... Distance should not be a object and surely a drive or ride out after the restrictions we've endured would be great... Getting it delivered isn't hard..

Can't understand some folks logic..
It’s not that I physically can’t travel 200miles but I don’t want to do a 400 miles round trip to view a bike.

If you’d go that far good for you but I’d rather look for something far closer to home!
scramblermatt

Post by scramblermatt »

frenchy3 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:06 am Hi,not related to the Honda CRF250L but the last three bikes i purchased have all been delivered by motorcycle courier for round about £160 depending on distance. I used www.deliveryquotecompare.com I ended up taking the towbar of my car and selling my bike trailer as i got fed up trawling round the country for bikes. I haven,t been let down yet by either the courier or the bike sellers. Don,t let distance put you off buying a bike.
Thanks for the link Frenchy. So did you buy the bike without viewing it beforehand??
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I bought a 2500 quid bike unseen except speaking to the owner and a great vid around bike... From over 600mls away just arranged courier to collect for me... Was a great deal and worked out fine..

If the bike is the right price and turns out not for you sell it on... I once flew over 1000mls to collect a 30k motorhome..... And yes I'm crazy but it helps.
scramblermatt

Post by scramblermatt »

Tramp wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:55 am I bought a 2500 quid bike unseen except speaking to the owner and a great vid around bike... From over 600mls away just arranged courier to collect for me... Was a great deal and worked out fine..

If the bike is the right price and turns out not for you sell it on... I once flew over 1000mls to collect a 30k motorhome..... And yes I'm crazy but it helps.
Yeh I guess that’s true, especially if they do a thorough video walk around! But 1000 miles is a bloody long way haha!
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

frenchy3 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:06 am Hi,not related to the Honda CRF250L but the last three bikes i purchased have all been delivered by motorcycle courier for round about £160 depending on distance. I used www.deliveryquotecompare.com I ended up taking the towbar of my car and selling my bike trailer as i got fed up trawling round the country for bikes. I haven,t been let down yet by either the courier or the bike sellers. Don,t let distance put you off buying a bike.

Same for me, I've used shiply loads for bikes in the last 5 years and it's been cheap as chips and so easy.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
scramblermatt

Post by scramblermatt »

Brenhden wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:40 am

Same for me, I've used shiply loads for bikes in the last 5 years and it's been cheap as chips and so easy.
Sounds like a good option then! How do you find the Rally?
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

scramblermatt wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:42 am
Brenhden wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:40 am

Sounds like a good option then! How do you find the Rally?
Hmm, I was giving this a lot of thought the other day, it is faultless, totally reliable, do it all bike. But it doesn't draw me to use it though like my old unreliable bikes did. I wish it made a dirtier noise and revved lower like my DR650. Also it really does need better suspension.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

You can't beat a donk for low rev plodding... Modern stuff loves to rev....

One reason I've gone to a xt660z it suits my style of riding no hurry plodding but has speed when needed.... A 250cc is well boring... I'd say you need to factor in another £1k to sort the rally version to make it a better bike aka minkys..
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Brenhden wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:54 am

Hmm, I was giving this a lot of thought the other day, it is faultless, totally reliable, do it all bike. But it doesn't draw me to use it though like my old unreliable bikes did. I wish it made a dirtier noise and revved lower like my DR650. Also it really does need better suspension.
I can't understand why you haven't sorted the suspension Brenhden, rear shock from YSS and it transforms the bike, even the suspension on a DR650 needs sorting.
one-legged adventurer

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”