Wanted Scorpa TRide

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
diggermanbob

Re: Wanted Scorpa TRide

Post by diggermanbob »

chipy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:38 am What about a Beta Alp ?
Thanks chipy I have had a Beta alp , to small didn't like it !!
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

diggermanbob wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:17 pm
johnnyboxer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:44 am Just get a Honda (Montesa) 4 Ride
Far better bike
Thanks Johnny ,that was my second choice , I'm going to try one out :D
That looks a nice looking bike that bob, didn't know anything about them, keep us informed bud ;)
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

diggermanbob wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:17 pm
johnnyboxer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:44 am Just get a Honda (Montesa) 4 Ride
Far better bike
Thanks Johnny ,that was my second choice , I'm going to try one out :D
Inch Perfect, near Clitheroe are main dealers and have a 100 acre offroad playground to demo it on for a few hours

https://www.inchperfecttrials.co.uk/

Don't ring next week though as they're competing in the Scottish Six Days Trial
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Thanks Johnny , we have a dealer locally ,Thunder road at Glos , clitheroe is a good way from us. Have you ridden one Johnny ?
johnnyboxer

Wanted Scorpa TRide

Post by johnnyboxer »

diggermanbob wrote:Thanks Johnny , we have a dealer locally ,Thunder road at Glos , clitheroe is a good way from us. Have you ridden one Johnny ?
Yes, twice for 30 mins each time ....at IP's demo day in Jan 2018 & 2019

I am 6'2 as well

Great bike and very capable

On stock gearing (whatever that is 10/?????) I got it up to 60 on the clock, on the road.....
If you fit a 36/38 rear sprocket then I reckon 60 mph is easily achievable cruising speed
Off-road it will go anywhere, really capable
Rear wheel is standard as tubeless - so punctures are easy to sort
5 speed box
Genuine Parts are dirt cheap (despite being Honda) plastic chain guard is £2
Side panels a tenner a side
Weight is 85kg
Loads of aftermarket parts
Bash plate is standard
S3 do a gear linkage mod to makes sitting down gear changes easier
A mate has one with 4000 miles on it and it's been no bother - nothing has gone wrong

With money we don't have

diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Thanks for the info Johnny, being. 6ft I was wondering if it might be a bit small but sounds like would fit the bill , I'm off to have a look at the weekend , I have ridden the 4rt trials bike and the engine was smooth and loads of torque. I will keep you posted.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

diggermanbob wrote:Thanks for the info Johnny, being. 6ft I was wondering if it might be a bit small but sounds like would fit the bill , I'm off to have a look at the weekend , I have ridden the 4rt trials bike and the engine was smooth and loads of torque. I will keep you posted.
Good man
I already have a Honda 4RT Trials bike, hence my interest in the 4Ride

With money we don't have

RichP

Post by RichP »

I've got a Beta Xtrainer and a Mk3 Pampera. Pampera is fantastic for LDTs and technical green lanes but not so good on the road or faster tracks. The Xtrainer is a fantastic trail bike, good on the road but a bit big/long for LDTs. I've got 3 mates that have got 4Rides and they all love them. I've ridden one in the Alps and it was getting to places that my Xtrainer couldn't but it was busy on the road. I don't know whether it's important to you or not but the 4Ride is ineligible for LDTs - you can ride OK but won't appear in the results as they don't comply to the rules. I think it's something to do with how long it is, lack of pillion pegs or fuel tank size. Cheers Rich
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

RichP wrote:I've got a Beta Xtrainer and a Mk3 Pampera. Pampera is fantastic for LDTs and technical green lanes but not so good on the road or faster tracks. The Xtrainer is a fantastic trail bike, good on the road but a bit big/long for LDTs. I've got 3 mates that have got 4Rides and they all love them. I've ridden one in the Alps and it was getting to places that my Xtrainer couldn't but it was busy on the road. I don't know whether it's important to you or not but the 4Ride is ineligible for LDTs - you can ride OK but won't appear in the results as they don't comply to the rules. I think it's something to do with how long it is, lack of pillion pegs or fuel tank size. Cheers Rich
It's the wheelbase Rich
ACU being old fashioned

With money we don't have

RichP

Post by RichP »

johnnyboxer wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:56 pm
RichP wrote:I've got a Beta Xtrainer and a Mk3 Pampera. Pampera is fantastic for LDTs and technical green lanes but not so good on the road or faster tracks. The Xtrainer is a fantastic trail bike, good on the road but a bit big/long for LDTs. I've got 3 mates that have got 4Rides and they all love them. I've ridden one in the Alps and it was getting to places that my Xtrainer couldn't but it was busy on the road. I don't know whether it's important to you or not but the 4Ride is ineligible for LDTs - you can ride OK but won't appear in the results as they don't comply to the rules. I think it's something to do with how long it is, lack of pillion pegs or fuel tank size. Cheers Rich
It's the wheelbase Rich
ACU being old fashioned
I thought it was something like that. Unless you are trying to win the class what does it matter tho' :roll:

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”