F650GS 2006 under 10k miles, YZ forks Ohlin rear.

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Westbarn1

F650GS 2006 under 10k miles, YZ forks Ohlin rear.

Post by Westbarn1 »

bIZBlyhwTYmkfWQ+VxUyfQ.jpg
bIZBlyhwTYmkfWQ+VxUyfQ.jpg (249.6 KiB) Viewed 782 times
F650GS, registered 11/7/2006, 3 former keepers, me since 2/9/18, previous since 6/9/10, no services in handbook since 447 on 5/7/07, 8 previous MOT certificates, confirms low mileage of just under 10k miles, last MOT 17/4/19.
Bought by me as a ‘project’ over last Winter, I have had several of these over the years and familiar with working on them, having said that, nothing needed doing to the engine & gearbox, other than a filter/oil and coolant change, what I did do was a front fork swap to Yamaha YZ 450 upside down forks , which were reworked and serviced by FTR Suspension and using components from Craig at Ratel Engineering Design, in Queensland, Australia,
who is a recognised expert in these conversions, this conversion retains the OE BMW front wheel and ABS braking. Craig also modified the Yamaha top yoke for me, by grafting on the BMW ignition lock housing ( had to send both yokes to him in Australia) so the ignition key and lock still works as OE.
Rear end was dismantled, had the rear subframe powder coated, replaced the swing arm and rear suspension linkage bearings, Ratel plus 25mm rear linkage arms, Ohlins rear shock fitted. New brake lines front and rear, brake fluid change, new brake pads. Chain and sprockets wee recently changed and in good condition (DID VXZ X ring)
Good Continental Escape tyres, Touratech radiator guard, ‘quick change’ oil sump plug.
Oil thermometer gauge, a high comfortable seat, Givi Trecker outback pannier frames fitted with ‘Winding Roads’ plates for carrying soft luggage and or extra fuel cans.
Large luggage plate.
I think I have covered everything.
Am asking what I consider to be a very reasonable £3K, which is a lot less than it cost me to put together. This bike ride great on its new suspension, none of the 'bouncy' OE front end and would make an ideal solo travelling bike and is literally 'ready to go' Please note, those with short legs will struggle!

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”