Query selling a vehicle

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Sloth

Re: Query selling a vehicle

Post by Sloth »

Change Owner online , instant date and time stamped .. you get instant confirmation you are no longer the keeper etc ….
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

NOTE DVLA online vehicle transfer is only live between 7am to 7pm.
On the insurance side you could always do the sale during your insurers working hours, a bit of a pain for me as mine are not open weekends but many are open Saturdays..
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

If you have the contact e-mail for the insurance would that help as this will at least show that you have a date and time stamped attempt to cancel it? To me the insurance thing is a bit of a oversight and there should be a method of cancelling it at any time. I guess the safe way is to ensure that whoever buys the machine does so during working hours--or at least collects it during working hours so that you can cancel the insurance. Of course the new owner can actually tax the bike on the basis of your insurance if its still valid--not good.
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

Admiral have an online portal that you can make changes to at any time, I had to just that after my lad passed his driving test last week, will be good to see more bike insurance companies doing the same, it's a good point about emailing them too, at least you would have a record that tried to contact them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

WIBO

Post by WIBO »

If he rides it off whilst you have your insurance and with your permission.....if he's stopped and checked etc....you can be done for 'Permitting No Insurance'.

:D

Will It Buff Out?
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

Do the change of ownership online . then there can be no doubt who is responsible for the vehicle. Rememeber that old one ' aiding and abetting' Your mate has a go round the block and gets caught on your bike with no insurance ..... So either you gave him permission , so you aided and abetted him riding with no insurance, so you get done as well .... OR You didn't give him permission so he gets done for twocking the bike and no ins . All the leeway has gone now. Remember " It's in the post officer " ..... rapidly applies for tax that evening........

RTA1991 Sec 27 para (2)Where a person is convicted of an offence committed by aiding, abetting, counselling or procuring, or inciting to the commission of, an offence involving obligatory disqualification, then, subject to the following provisions of this section, the number of penalty points to be attributed to the offence is ten.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

WIBO wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:55 am If he rides it off whilst you have your insurance and with your permission.....if he's stopped and checked etc....you can be done for 'Permitting No Insurance'.

:D

...and if you're unlucky :roll: they can prosecute you for 'aiding and abetting' if the rider goes on to commit a more serious offence whilst riding off on your old bike. The long arm of the law reaches far when they get hold of something... :shock: .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
tracker

Post by tracker »

Thanks all for your replies.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”