KTM 690 RALLY BIKE - BACK ON SALE £5250!

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Lee Frost

KTM 690 RALLY BIKE - BACK ON SALE £5250!

Post by Lee Frost »

Okay, I removed this awesome bike from sale a while back as I decided to keep it, but Mrs F and I have decided to relocate to Cornwall in the New Year, so biking is going to be off the menu for a while and I've decided to sell it again .

Since the original ad was posted see blurb below) I got the speedo sorted as it wasn't working, put a new MoT on it late July and also made some changes to the equipment on it. I removed (and sold) the roadbook holder, one of the ICO trip computers and the navigation unit. Unless you intend to enter a rally, this kit is unnecessary, though the bike still has a working ICO fitted (as it had 2). I also removed the Touratech mount for the Zumo 660. I then fitted a lockable charging mount for a Samsung Galaxy Tab Active waterproof/shockproof tablet and bought said tablet to use as a MASSIVE sat nav with offline mapping apps such as map.me. The bike will be sold with the mount and tablet. You can take the tablet off the bike at the end of the day and use it like an iPad - to surf t'internet, check email, post on Facebook, etc and, if you really want to, stick a SIM card in it and use it as a phone!

Anyhow, read the original sales blurb below for info on all the other goodies this bike has - then imagine taking in on an off-road adventure, as I did (in Morocco). It's a brilliant bike with a fantastic spec.

I've dropped the price to just £5250.

PM me if you're interested.

Some background…
I’ve owned the bike for almost 3 years now. I bought it off a bloke who bought it off a bloke with the intention of doing a rally, but it sat in his garage unused so he decided to sell it. It was the bloke he bought it off who undertook the rally build and actually entered and completed a rally on the bike – the 2012 Heroes Legend Rally, as part of Patsy Quick’s Desert Rose Racing team. The rally followed the original Dakar route in Africa (after the official race had moved the South America). I managed to track him down and we exchanged numerous emails with him explaining how he spent two winters getting the bike ready, working with John Mitchinson (owner of Rally Raid products) and Jenny Morgan to get it just right. It was his first rally, something he’d dreamed of doing (sound familiar?), so he spent a small fortune buying the bike, getting it rally ready, training on it in Morocco and completing the rally, but when the time came to buy his first house, he sold the bike to raise funds.
The bike has an amazing spec. It was good when I bought it, but it’s even better now!

EQUIPMENT FITTED
Rally Raid products EVO1 Rally Tower and fairing with quick release front screen
Rally Raid products EVO1 Tank kit (2x front tanks giving a total fuel capacity of 21 litres with the stock rear tank)
Akrapovic tailpipe
1 x ICO Rally trip computers
Handlebar controls for ICO
2 x extra front lights – spot and flood (for night riding in the dunes)
Scotts steering damper and mounting kit
Rally Raid products radiator protector
Rally Raid products rally engine guard with 2.2 litre rally engine guard plastic tank for carrying water
Rally Raid products engine toolbox mounting kit (so the 690 toolbox can be mounted on right hand side of the engine)
Rally Raid products billet bar risers
Rally foam grips
GiT case savers and additional carbon protectors
Billet fuel tank caps on all 3 fuel tanks
Waterproof USB socket in cockpit for charging phone etc

During my ownership I’ve fitted…
New motobatt battery
New KTM plastics with custom graphics by Crispy Designs (replacement graphics can be ordered for any panel from Crispy Designs, so if you mess one up, no need to buy a full set)
Brand new DiD Dirtstar wheel rims and spokes front and rear (existing hubs were used in the wheel build)
Ultra heavy-duty inner tubes and rim locks
Mitas E-09 rear tyre has only covered 50 miles (new tyre fitted after the Morocco trip)
Pirelli MT21 front tyre – covered about 1500 miles on and off-road but plenty of life in it
KTM/Touratech pannier rails
Perun Moto larger rear luggage plate (brand new, fitted after Morocco)
Seat Concepts seat (brilliant for long days – I’ve done a 400+ mile on-road day in Morocco)
Rally Raid products stronger Lower tank mount kit
Rally Raid products stronger subframe tank mounting bolts
Rally Raid products Injector hex screw kit (makes changing the fuel injector much easier)
Fan thermostat switch (starts cooling fan at 88 degrees instead of 105 to prevent overheating when riding off road for long spells)
Rally Raid products billet front sprocket guard
Rally Raid products billet top bar clamp
Rally Raid products GPS auxillary bar mount
Barkbuster VPS handguards
Folding mirrors
Side stand foot enlarger
CeeJay designs footpeg extenders (makes a big difference when you’re standing on the pegs for hours!)
New fuel tank vent pipes and one-way valves
12v socket wired to battery
Uniflow air filter and pre-filter (from Australia, much better than stock paper filter)

It also comes with…
Brand new, unused CA Cycleworks fuel pump (carried as spare in Morocco)
Spare fuel injector (carried as spare in Morocco)
New Rally Raid products fuel pump connector tool
Spare used plastics

I’m sure I’ve missed some bits, but that’s a long list anyway!

During my ownership the bike has been looked after (no bloody expense spared – I have the receipts to prove it!) by Tony Woodhams, one of the UK’s top KTM mechanics and a support mechanic for Patsy Quick and others on many rallys including several Dakars.
When I first bought the bike he gave it a thorough going over and service, he built the new wheels, fitted many of the extra bits I’ve added, then after the Morocco trip in April last year he gave it another shake down and service as well as fitting the new rear tyre. The bike has only covered about 50 miles since then. Basically, anything Tony has suggested needs attention has received it, including preventative maintenance such stripping and greasing bearing etc. Chain and sprockets are all fine, as are the brakes.
Earlier this year, I took the bike back to Tony as he’d reported a bit of a wobble on the rally tower after Morocco that would need sorting before another big offroad trip. As I was planning to take the bike to Iceland in July this year, I asked him to sort it so he stripped the tower back and found a crack in one of the mounts so he had the tower welded and strengthened and it’s now stronger than when it was new.

The mileage is at 18500 but the speedo packed up during the Morocco trip last year so it’s a about 500 miles short. The speedo is now fully working.
The bike isn’t mint, which is no surprise given what it’s been built for. That said, I’m a fussy bugger so it’s very clean, cleaner than most and generally in lovely condition. There’s no damage anywhere other than the odd scuff or scratch and the Akra is ding-free

All the kit on the bike cost over £5000 with just a quick totalling of the items (not to mention the many hours required to do the build).

The bike comes with the spares listed above, 2 keys and master, loads of paperwork and instructions and receipts for all the work I’ve had done and all items purchased during my ownership.

The bike is located approx 15 mins from junction 6 of the M25 (Godstone) and 20 mins from junction 5 (Sevenoaks).
PM me if you’re interested. Please note, I’ll be away with work from May 25th - 31st.
20.jpg
20.jpg (217.49 KiB) Viewed 18549 times
19.jpg
19.jpg (228.13 KiB) Viewed 18549 times
18.jpg
18.jpg (241.09 KiB) Viewed 18549 times
Last edited by Lee Frost on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lee Frost

Re: KTM 690 RALLY BIKE FOR SALE (59 PLATE)

Post by Lee Frost »

MORE PICS...
17.jpg
17.jpg (266.75 KiB) Viewed 18546 times
16.jpg
16.jpg (230.91 KiB) Viewed 18546 times
15.jpg
15.jpg (162.2 KiB) Viewed 18546 times
Lee Frost

Post by Lee Frost »

A FEW MORE...
14.jpg
14.jpg (203.93 KiB) Viewed 18546 times
13.jpg
13.jpg (207.93 KiB) Viewed 18546 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (128.83 KiB) Viewed 18546 times
Lee Frost

Post by Lee Frost »

EVEN MORE PICS...
11.jpg
11.jpg (127.57 KiB) Viewed 18545 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (169.75 KiB) Viewed 18545 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (166.61 KiB) Viewed 18545 times
Lee Frost

Post by Lee Frost »

AND MORE...
8.jpg
8.jpg (246.34 KiB) Viewed 18545 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (245.4 KiB) Viewed 18545 times
Lee Frost

Post by Lee Frost »

6.jpg
6.jpg (225.29 KiB) Viewed 18544 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (275.44 KiB) Viewed 18545 times
LAST 2...
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

I'd buy that now, but no way I could get it registered here in Norway, unfortunately :(
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Wow. Talk about bells and whistles. Looks like it even has a sony playstation !

Lovely bike. Best of luck with the sale.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

That's one sweet looking bike......wonder if I could get it registered in France !!! :D
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

chunky butt wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:27 am That's one sweet looking bike......wonder if I could get it registered in France !!! :D
Go on Steve , you know you want too ;)

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”