Wanted, BMW F650GS

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
FatFreddy

Re: Wanted, BMW F650GS

Post by FatFreddy »

Just giving myself a bump here.
Someone must know someone who knows someone who wants to sell a f650gs.... Anyone??
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Just waffling a bit to bump this back up.
Really hoping one of you guys has a low mileage minter and need space in yr garage.Thanks for the input folks. You've just confirmed for me I've chosen the right model for me (subject to actually owning one, I might not take to it, but suspect I will)
Q plate

Post by Q plate »

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2512422670

No idea how it compares price wise but seems to have most/all the extras you'd need..
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Thanks to those who’ve contributed. I’ve enjoyed looking at yr bikes you don’t want to sell :D
And especially thanks to those who’ve pointed out ads.
It seems I’m a bloody time waster. Have been waiting for a little windfall to arrive and fund the purchase of my new toy.
I had expected it to arrive by now but it seems I was over optimistic and it’s weeks, maybe months before I’ll have sufficient dosh.
Bugger!
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

FatFreddy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 am Thanks to those who’ve contributed. I’ve enjoyed looking at yr bikes you don’t want to sell :D
And especially thanks to those who’ve pointed out ads.
It seems I’m a bloody time waster. Have been waiting for a little windfall to arrive and fund the purchase of my new toy.
I had expected it to arrive by now but it seems I was over optimistic and it’s weeks, maybe months before I’ll have sufficient dosh.
Bugger!
Worth waiting for .... I gave up smoking and used the resultant cash to help fund mine :)
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Thanks Earwig
FatFreddy

Re: Wanted, BMW F650GS (update)

Post by FatFreddy »

Right, I’ve finally got the dosh. Time to get myself an F650GS.
I’m going to look at one tomorrow and another on Sunday.

So far, only seen photos of both....

Both 2010, one a private sale £3750 with a few exras, most notably an Akrapovic end can, special edition paint job, bash plate, bark busters, scottoiler and comfort saddle but no luggage, 16k miles and showing a few signs of wear. The paint on the crank cases (or lack of it in places) suggest it’s seen some winter salt in its time.

The other a dealer sale (with the usual 3 month warranty and a free service) £3900 is completely standard apart from a top box, has only done 2900 miles,(!?!) fairly clean but some minor corrosion to fasteners and other exposed parts (my guess is it’s been stored somewhere a bit damp).

SO?

Which would you go for folks?

OR....

Does anyone have/know of a better one for sale, sub £4K?
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

Hi

Worth a looksy :)

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread ... AR-THREADS

Some earlier versions did have paint issues, so not necessarily salt (mine has some "dull" areas, but paint sound). My 2011 (30K miles) shows signs or corrosion on some fittings, but nothing major.

The low miler (Check mileage is genuine) would be my choice, and could then fettle the way you want, :) ( but extras add up :( )

I would look at adding, Scot Oiler, airhawk seat (if comfort seat out of budget) as standard seat is nicknamed "the plank" Your choice of aftermarket luggage

Whichever your choice .... Full service record is a must . This means annual service if mileage not reached

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”