wanted xt660z

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Tramp

wanted xt660z

Post by Tramp »

Okay whos selling one and is it worth getting a 2008 model as later have gearbox explosions :o ....

Ta
RichP

Re: wanted xt660z

Post by RichP »

I've got one that I was going to sell in the spring. It used to belong to another member of this forum but I can't remember his name on here - i bought it via Ebay. I bought it as a back up as it looked like my KTM wasn't going to be ready in time for my TET trip to the Balkans in September. I fitted the following items in getting the bike ready:
Scaggs rear rack
Renthal fat bars
Symtec heated grips
Acerbis Rally hand guards
New Pirelli MT21 front tyre
New Mitas E09 Dakar rear tyre
New chain and sprockets
Trailtech temperature gauge
USB power outlet.
New front and rear wheel bearings
Bigger footpegs
New oil, filter and spark plug
New battery
New screen

The bike already has:
Yamaha WR450 USD front end
Ohlins rear shock
18" rear wheel conversion
Pannier racks
Rear tool box

Bad bits:
One of the captive nuts in the tank had been cross threaded so I've repaired it as best as I can. The grey trim sits a couple of mm away from the tank now but hardly noticeable.
The previous owner converted the cooling fan to a manual switch which works perfectly and that's the reason why I fitted the temp gauge.
The previous owner fitted a Touratech gear lever the day before he went away but wasn't happy with how tight it felt so he put a small blob of weld to hold it better. The blob could be knocked off with a chisel and an original refitted if it bothered you - he assured me the splines are fine.
The bike has been used as an adventure bike should have been and shows a few knocks and scrapes but nothing bad at all.

The bike will come with 12 months MOT. It is a 58 plate, has done 34185 miles and whilst it's no garage queen it rides really well and i wouldn't hesitate taking it anywhere. In the end my KTM was finished in time and this bike wasn't used and I was going to wait until spring to try and sell it.

I would like £3000 for it which is what I paid for it. I must have spent over £500 on getting the bike to the standard I wanted. If you want some photos PM me or my mobile number is 07966245748 - for some reason I can't seem to load a jpeg image as it says the size of the image can't be determined :?

Cheers

Richard
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

cheers Rich..

would that be Felco`s old bike?
20150712_201326_2017-07-08.jpg
20150712_201326_2017-07-08.jpg (99.25 KiB) Viewed 3585 times
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44121....looking for something shall we say less ruff and ready with less race history...no Dissrepect to Felco ;) he looks after his stuff.
RichP

Post by RichP »

That's the one.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Excellent choice russ, great all round, although there lardy off road, but comfy on road............I think every dual sport bike is a bit of a compromise, mine has been uber reliable, it's a 2010, bought last year with 19km now got 35km.......as you know every bike has a little issue somewhere.... ;)
TheWitcher

Post by TheWitcher »

RichP wrote:I've got one that I was going to sell in the spring. It used to belong to another member of this forum but I can't remember his name on here - i bought it via Ebay. I bought it as a back up as it looked like my KTM wasn't going to be ready in time for my TET trip to the Balkans in September. I fitted the following items in getting the bike ready:
Scaggs rear rack
Renthal fat bars
Symtec heated grips
Acerbis Rally hand guards
New Pirelli MT21 front tyre
New Mitas E09 Dakar rear tyre
New chain and sprockets
Trailtech temperature gauge
USB power outlet.
New front and rear wheel bearings
Bigger footpegs
New oil, filter and spark plug
New battery
New screen

The bike already has:
Yamaha WR450 USD front end
Ohlins rear shock
18" rear wheel conversion
Pannier racks
Rear tool box

Bad bits:
One of the captive nuts in the tank had been cross threaded so I've repaired it as best as I can. The grey trim sits a couple of mm away from the tank now but hardly noticeable.
The previous owner converted the cooling fan to a manual switch which works perfectly and that's the reason why I fitted the temp gauge.
The previous owner fitted a Touratech gear lever the day before he went away but wasn't happy with how tight it felt so he put a small blob of weld to hold it better. The blob could be knocked off with a chisel and an original refitted if it bothered you - he assured me the splines are fine.
The bike has been used as an adventure bike should have been and shows a few knocks and scrapes but nothing bad at all.

The bike will come with 12 months MOT. It is a 58 plate, has done 34185 miles and whilst it's no garage queen it rides really well and i wouldn't hesitate taking it anywhere. In the end my KTM was finished in time and this bike wasn't used and I was going to wait until spring to try and sell it.

I would like £3000 for it which is what I paid for it. I must have spent over £500 on getting the bike to the standard I wanted. If you want some photos PM me or my mobile number is 07966245748 - for some reason I can't seem to load a jpeg image as it says the size of the image can't be determined :?

Cheers

Richard
Priv Richard
chillidave

Post by chillidave »

That's one good looking bike. :D
cowling

Post by cowling »

Hi there, I will be selling my tenere in the very near future.
it’s a 10 reg with just over 30,000 miles on, I bought the
Bike for a Portugal trip last year , was the perfect bike for
The trip, there were two other tenere s with us, one was
Felco on the white ten.
The pictures are of the bike ready for its Portugal trip,
Extras I can think of off the top of my head,

Sw mototec crash bars
Sw mototec pannier rails, checker plate infills
Altec designs rad guard
Altec designs tail plate
Shorty leavers
Sat nav mount
Brake lever case protector
Extra large wider foot pegs
Yamaha alloy sump guard
Front end stiffend up with spring spacers
And heavier oil.
12v power plug.

All the std stuff I changed will come with the bike,
Like sump guard, foot pegs, levers etc.

Looking for £2800 ovno,

07855505192 if you are interested and want to
Have a chat about the bike, regards Neil.

3D3BB1C5-CFA2-4391-AEE3-98E8380762D8.jpeg
3D3BB1C5-CFA2-4391-AEE3-98E8380762D8.jpeg (213.41 KiB) Viewed 3498 times

46F71DE4-F187-4893-AFEE-26A00538C1BD.jpeg
46F71DE4-F187-4893-AFEE-26A00538C1BD.jpeg (204.58 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Nice looking bike that.... ;)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Umm interested cowling... Im contact you later