SP46 DR650 For Sale

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Steev68

SP46 DR650 For Sale

Post by Steev68 »

Hi guys and girls, I will be putting my DR650 up for sale next week and wanted to give you guys a chance first refusal before I open it up to the sharks on eBay. I can’t get it MOTd until next weekend so I’ll leave it here for a couple of weeks and if no one is interested then it’ll go on eBay etc.. If you are interested please drop me a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can, I’m up in Wrexham, north Wales if you want to see it, I’m not in a rush to sell it so if you have to wait a couple of weeks then let me know. Thanks all...

The DR is the newer SP46 (1996) Model although it was registered in December 1995. The bike has been, what I would describe as, sympathetically restored, and by this I mean that it has had a complete strip down, and many parts replaced or cleaned, as required. It has not been covered in paint to hide issues, it is a clean, sorted, example of a great bike.

If you have been looking for one of these bikes then you know that they are a rare in the UK, having only been imported for a very short time. The base for this renovation was pretty good, it had been looked after and had had much money spent on it to keep it in good mechanical condition, the looks were not too great though, it looked aesthetically tired, but it was not broken.
If you are serious about buying one of these bikes then your research would have unearthed a few issues, I have addressed these issues so you are looking at a sorted bike which just needs your personal stamp putting on it.

Work undertaken:
ALL NUTS, BOLTS, GASKETS AND SEALS CHANGED ARE GENUINE SUZUKI OR BETTER.

I have completely stripped the bike back to a bare frame, this was then professionally prepared and powder coated in grey, to give it a more up to date look.
KEIHIN FCR MX Flat Side Carb from an RMZ 450 (Original carb and cables come with the bike.)
Renthal handlebars.
All wheel bearings have been replaced with quality ALL BALLS sealed units.
Head stock bearings have been replaced and given a good greasing on re-assembly (Something that Suzuki didn’t do a great job of)
Forks have been stripped, checked, cleaned and re-assembled using new fork oil.
Swing arm bearings and suspension linkage have also been checked and well greased (another sign of Suzuki thriftiness)
The Wiring loom has been inspected, and new connectors fitted where required.
Oil seal retention bracket fitted.
Starter motor stripped and greased.
Upper drive chain roller removed and sealed.
NSU bolts replaced and Lock wired.
New Heavy Duty EBC Clutch and Springs fitted (old ones were fine but changed anyway, old ones will go with the bike)
Oil pipes removed, cleaned and new O-rings and banjo washers fitted (spare pipes come with bike.)
New rear disc fitted along with new pads and NEW genuine disc bolts used.
Rear shock absorber stripped and cleaned.
Front and rear brake fluid drained and replaced with new fluid.
Steel Braided Brake lines fitted.
Acrebis handle bars.
New UFO front mudguard.
All plastics freshened and polished.
Brand New folding mirrors.
New OEM gaskets fitted wherever an engine part was removed.
Many genuine new Suzuki bolts fitted if old were damaged or stripped.
Aluminium Sump/engine guard.

This bike shows 15,705 miles on the clock and looking at all the paperwork and old MOT’s I’m pretty sure that is genuine, of course the bike is being sold as seen and comes with no guarantee, but I can say that it is now a wonderful bike and ready to be taken to the next stage.
There are, amazingly, still two keys and the bike still has all its original Alpha-dot marked panels.
Fresh MOT will be put on in January. Continental Tyres fitted front and rear (Both have good tread left)
Chain and sprockets all in very good condition with plenty of life left in them.

I am selling this bike now as I have a BMW 1200 GSA, and unfortunately I only really have room for one bike in my garage and so the DR will have to go.
I am asking £2500 for the bike as I believe it’s as good a DR as you’re going to find without having to import one from the USA or Australia. I’ve seen older bikes, in poor condition, which still need all the work doing, for more money than this advertised. All the weak stuff that let the bike down from the factory has been sorted and it is now ready for you to make it your own. Add a rear shock, spec’d to your own weight and riding style, a large adventure tank, throw some luggage over the back and it’s ready for that trip you always promised yourself!!

The engine pulls superbly, it’s had new oil and filter fitted, and with the addition of the sports end can, with removable baffle, it sounds amazing.

The bad stuff:
There is a small dent on the left side of the tank (I believe this was the reason the bike was declared as a Cat D in 2001) but unless you look you can’t really notice it.
The steering lock works intermittently, I have purchased a new key and this has helped I think the original keys are just worn, hopefully it will sort itself out otherwise a new barrel will have to be fitted, they can be found on eBay but they are not all genuine Suzuki parts, I have not replaced it as I wanted to keep the bike as original as possible.
And that’s it!!

It's a really nice bike now and I'm sure will see someone very happy in the future. Drop me a message if you need any more info and I'll do my best to help.
Steev68

Re: SP46 DR650 For Sale

Post by Steev68 »

Some pictures...
Attachments
DR5 RS.jpg
DR5 RS.jpg (19.26 KiB) Viewed 3761 times
DR6 RS.jpg
DR6 RS.jpg (19.04 KiB) Viewed 3761 times
DR8 RS.jpg
DR8 RS.jpg (15.2 KiB) Viewed 3761 times
Steev68

Post by Steev68 »

Sorry about the pics, they appear to have been on the beer!!
Attachments
DR4 RS.jpg
DR4 RS.jpg (33.99 KiB) Viewed 3757 times
DR3 RS.jpg
DR3 RS.jpg (30.99 KiB) Viewed 3757 times
Steev68

Post by Steev68 »

Photos seem to have been on the Christmas beer, sorry!! :lol:
Attachments
DR1.jpg
DR1.jpg (60.52 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
DR2 RS.jpg
DR2 RS.jpg (35.87 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
Steev68

Post by Steev68 »

DR now has 12 months MOT so is ready for sale. If anyone would like to see the bike please drop me a message. The bike is in Wrexaham, north Wales.

The original advert says it has Renthal and Acrebis handlebars, don't know why, bit they are Renthal bars. There are no Acrebis bars with the bike. There is a spare standard carb, a front wheel (needs one spoke) a front wheel spindle, a spare seat and a standard and small registration plate.

The bike is ready to go or to add your personal touches to. It's as good as you're going to find, in my opinion.

Thanks guys, if you need to know anything just ask.
artisanvma

Post by artisanvma »

Great bikes, I imported one back from Canada via Germany (long story) and had loads of fun around Wiltshire and on Salisbury Plain. Great green leaning, just don’t expect a trials bike.......kept up with my mates WR450....happy days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Steev68

Post by Steev68 »

It's crazy how you can still buy a new model in other parts of the World.
Elmer Fudd

Post by Elmer Fudd »

Dont suppose this is still available?

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”