DR650SE - SOLD subject to dlivery/payment

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
boboneleg

Re: DR650SE 'Donk' possibly for sale

Post by boboneleg »

guyinthejungle wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:58 pm Mike,

If Sarge isn't interested, I definitely will be...
Woody, I've got another spare front wheel if you're interested.

cheers, Bob.
one-legged adventurer
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i think phil in france may have one going real cheap ...infact i think he may be able to send it by post ...in two seperate parcels :ugeek:

ill get me coat :D
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

:lol:
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

ge11y wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:45 pm Hi Sarge
Sorry to here you mist the DR.
If your interested I have a Dr650 sitting in my garage it's a 1997 SE which has done just over 14000 miles, sorned it last month as my tax mot and insurance ran out, looking for £1700 for it.
Cheers
Mike
PM sent
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

For anyone interested I have a fully adventurised DR650SE up for sale as soon as it stops raining long enough to take some photos.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

How much Bren ?
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Brenhden wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:19 am For anyone interested I have a fully adventurised DR650SE up for sale as soon as it stops raining long enough to take some photos.
Forgot to mention Sarge gets first refusal.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Brenhden wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:37 am
Brenhden wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:19 am For anyone interested I have a fully adventurised DR650SE up for sale as soon as it stops raining long enough to take some photos.
what you buying now Bren :shock:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Redmurty wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:58 pm
Brenhden wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:37 am
what you buying now Bren :shock:

cheers Spud ;)

I got a CRF250 Rally :)

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

Kept my powder dry when flak came my way following my son changing his mind about selling this bike. It was a simple as that. I spent a lot of my own time putting it on here, doing a test ride and comprehensive written report about the bike for the prospective buyer, only to find my son pulled the plug at the last minute. Sometimes it happens.
Embarrassing? Certainly. More than that? Certainly not. At least two sides to every story.
Anyways, it is available for a quick sale for the reduced price of £1100. (that's very cheap for a 96 DR650SE with MOT until July 2018. It will defo need a little money spent on it (mainly a chain and sprockets) and some tidying, replacement mirrors, but will make a solid bike for little cost.
If anyone's interested and willing to take a punt despite the 'hassle; my son caused the last time - let me know. Here's the email I sent following my test ride when he removed it from sale .....

Hi *****

Mike here, I said I'd get back to you with images and my impressions from a (short) test ride.
I might have to send a few images at a time, as they're his res and might push my hotmail limit. Look out for a few emails.

Observations and impressions:
- basically, a sound enough bike for the price (probably £1250, but more about that later), with MOT, all main important things working as they should, but needs a little time and care spent on it if you're more a polisher than a rider (which I doubt)
- engine sound, no nasty noises, no leaks, nothing I can see or hear
- selects all gears easily and revs and pulls strongly throughout the box
- all electrics work with the exception of the neutral light, which doesn't come on for some reason
- brakes are 'adequate', but not strong and could almost certainly benefit from a strip down, clean and refresh (mind, I ride much newer, lighter bikes, so I might just be expecting too much!)
- suspension seems the kind of soft it should be but doesn't appear to have any faults or leaks (again, might be me comparing my bikes to a bike that is after all, 20 years old dual sport.
- wheels and rims seem ok for age, some light pitting/rusting, but sound

Faults I could see:
- clutch lever end broken (thought it was brake in my post) but functions fine
- pitting of chrome on top of forks (therefore not a big issue)
- neutral light as mentioned
- right panel has no graphics and no 'inner' liner (the original parts do, but would have cost £400+ to replace, so he made do with an original outer panel and put heat resistant liner round the bit of the silencer under it - see image)
- chain and sprockets definitely need replacing urgently. I wouldn't ride it more than a few miles with what's on it.
- general areas of corrosion consistent with a bike of this age and type (rear peg hangers/front frame leading edge/oil cooler/etc) but nothing structural or severe and most would come up fine with time and paint
- mirror stalks are 'loose' and need replacing. Cheap enough to sort new mirrors.

Other things to mention:
- Tyres are good with lots of life left
- it has a scottoiler fitted, but would need filling/priming/checking
- the mileage is 31,400 (I said around 30,000 in the post)
- some old mot's/service receipts, but patchy
- two sets of keys

As it needs new c&S kit + a few bits and pieces + tidying, I've suggested that £1250 would be a fair/good price.
That should leave you a little room for collection costs (courier/van hire?) and tidying.

Can't think of anything else at this point, but feel free to ask anything you want.
Get back to me if you want to take it further.

kind regards, Mike
Attachments
Donk3.jpg
Donk3.jpg (118.98 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Donk2.jpg
Donk2.jpg (110.88 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Donk1.jpg
Donk1.jpg (141.64 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”