For Sale --1989 Honda NX250

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
catcitrus

For Sale --1989 Honda NX250

Post by catcitrus »

I've decided to sell this much farkled NX--its not that it doesn't work but I have the opportunity to try a Kawa Super Sherpa--much the same style.
Comes with about 4 tyre sets--some new, a spare engine--complete less carb !!, new spares--reg/rect, starter solenoid, Ignition box etc, some gaskets. It has Race Tech cartridge emulators in the front for improved damping and adjustability, and I have a set of CRF230 springs which are a slightly higher rate if required (need to be cut down slightly). It has preload adjusters as well. Its wired for a Garmin(but I'm transferring the mount). It has a 12v outlet and a coloured LED charging status light. Decent LED main--passes MOT cut off. MOT until mid November. Replacement span adjustable levers, Renthal Bars. Mk2 Bandit rear shock (standard upgrade). Decent carbon bashplate (of course!). Modified Supertrapp rear muffler(the standard muffler rots out and is heavy). Braided front brake line, newish pads and so on--and I respoked both wheels after Central Wheel made me some sets. I'm sure that some of you have seen it out and about--and I'm bringing it to The ABR Midlands Rally. I'm looking for 1200 but will haggle just a wee bit--but don't be cheeky.
Attachments
ABRRallyeJuly20163.JPG
ABRRallyeJuly20163.JPG (76.02 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
Brenhden

Re: For Sale --1989 Honda NX250

Post by Brenhden »

Such a tidy bike (thumbs)
Tell us a little about it. Such as price...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
skinny

Post by skinny »

Err, I think it might be £1200
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

I know it's not particularly important but how many miles has it done?
More, whereabouts do you live and can you transport it to a nearby depot for shipping to Spain?
Regs
Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

The Spanish Biker wrote:I know it's not particularly important but how many miles has it done?

More, whereabouts do you live and can you transport it to a nearby depot for shipping to Spain?

Regs

Simon
Speedo says 40k--but I've no real idea if thats genuine-but remember its 1989-doubt its more--but speedo could have been replaced at some point. Suffice to say that I've probably done about 5k at least on it over about 3 or 4 years --motor is quiet and uses no oil. Clutch is light-it runs on decent Putoline and has had regular changes and has a magnetic drain--no bits. I have a spare engine anyway--which seems pretty solid.
I can transport anywhere in the UK if required--just for fuel costs. I'm just north of Peterborough. I can send more pics if required--photobucket seems to be working at the moment but there are rumours that they have stopped the use on other forums and are charging a fortune to do so--we'll see.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I've been asked for more pics.
Attachments
Salisburyplainfeb20167.jpg
Salisburyplainfeb20167.jpg (67.97 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
HondaNXwithrespokedwheelanda70-100x19goldentyreroadlegal2.JPG
HondaNXwithrespokedwheelanda70-100x19goldentyreroadlegal2.JPG (101.62 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
HondaNXwithhighfenderandforkbrace1.JPG
HondaNXwithhighfenderandforkbrace1.JPG (100.54 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
HondaNXwithbothwheelsrespokedanknobblies2.JPG
HondaNXwithbothwheelsrespokedanknobblies2.JPG (85.48 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
HondaNXtooltube6.JPG
HondaNXtooltube6.JPG (73.87 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Just a bump--but more importantly the images from photobucket still seem to be there for the moment--if they disappear then please contact me direct with an e-mail, and I can use non bucket phots. I'll give it a week or two but don't really want to put it on fleabay just yet--and as I said I'll be using it at the Midlands Rally so it will get dirty--unless someone comes in early with a decent offer! ;)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

reckon I might have a new spare coil, and possibly a spare rear lense, as well as the spare CDI. I would add that some plastics are still available from China as they are the same as the AX (which has a strong Japanese following)--the AX had twin headlights and cast wheels. I haven't had a proper sort out yet--but will do if it sells--and I still hope to be at the Midlands rally next weekend (light blue/green Fiat Scudo)--drop by if you are genuinely interested.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

catcitrus wrote:reckon I might have a new spare coil, and possibly a spare rear lense, as well as the spare CDI. I would add that some plastics are still available from China as they are the same as the AX (which has a strong Japanese following)--the AX had twin headlights and cast wheels. I haven't had a proper sort out yet--but will do if it sells--and I still hope to be at the Midlands rally next weekend (light blue/green Fiat Scudo)--drop by if you are genuinely interested.
I might have a buyer for you matey! (thumbs)

Meanwhile, I'm off down the coast to look at a BMW R1100S - do you know a good divorce lawyer ... :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I had a yellow one--flying banananananana!--great handling bike that worked well and carried luggage--before they got all complicated--can be had for a few dollar and are excellent value--especially if those high level exhausts are changed for much lighter ones such as ART.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”