HELP - She wants to ride again!

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Speedofile

HELP - She wants to ride again!

Post by Speedofile »

She who must be obeyed has decided that after 20 years of not being on a bike that it's time to get back on it.

I'm looking to buy a cheap 125 for her to learn on again, don't really care what it looks like but must be road legal and have gears. I have been on Biketrader and Ebay and have some options for around £500...

Does anyone have a 125 left in their garage not being used for around £250? We live in Walton-on-Thames area which is west London, near Weybridge and Chertsey.

Thank you in advance
ratass

Re: HELP - She wants to ride again!

Post by ratass »

Someone had a 110 locin like a c90 on here 500quid.
Jb
Speedofile

Post by Speedofile »

ratass wrote:Someone had a 110 locin like a c90 on here 500quid.
Jb
Only one I saw on here was a moped for £500. She wants something with gears
rodyorkabr

Post by rodyorkabr »

Speedofile wrote:
ratass wrote:Someone had a 110 locin like a c90 on here 500quid.
Jb
Only one I saw on here was a moped for £500. She wants something with gears
...and £250
good luck with that!...I would (if you can afford to), up your budget..that way you should up the chances of reliability & smiles on your wifes face> an increased chance of returning & staying on 2 wheels.
Speedofile

Post by Speedofile »

I'm happy to look at more expensive bikes, but don't want to spend a lot of money on something that she might only have for 6 months and then get something better.
ratass

Post by ratass »

It was a 110cc with a 4 speed box i saw,a step through admittedly,but a good little tool i would think for the job.
Jb
Speedofile

Post by Speedofile »

ratass wrote:It was a 110cc with a 4 speed box i saw,a step through admittedly,but a good little tool i would think for the job.
Jb
Cheers mate, I have done a search, but cannot find anything, I'll keep looking
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Speedofile wrote:I'm happy to look at more expensive bikes, but don't want to spend a lot of money on something that she might only have for 6 months and then get something better.
Just dig deep for a YBR 125 or similar and if she don't like it you will get your money back. We lost £200 over 4 years and spent nothing on repair costs. Buy cheap and it could be a money pit ..... and if it breaks down on her it won't bode well.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
greenmachine

Post by greenmachine »

I occasionaly buy and sell a few bikes, though have nothing to suit at the moment. But I have to say for 250 quid you are going to be very lucky indeed to find anything that is safe and reliable without having to spend a few weekends on it first. Most of the stuff for that money can be categorised as "project bikes"
My advice would be to look for a Japanese 125 such as Honda CG125, Yamahas SR125 or similiar,for around the £800 mark, (Doesn't matter if its getting on a bit if its been looked after) you can make use of it for a year and then sell it on and you should sell it easily and with virtually no loss.

I would stay away from the Chinese stuff as its hard to sell on afterwards.
gspod

Post by gspod »

+1 Honda CG125 - run it for the summer and you'll get your money back from commuters who put their pride and joy away for the winter but still need to get into London - you're in the perfect location too ;) (thumbs)

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”