Wanted...Honda crf250l

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
gspod

Re: Wanted...Honda crf250l

Post by gspod »

Really interested in these bikes - how do you get on with the low front mud guard on the trails.
Sorry to hijack this thread - a new one perhaps?, they seemed to have some interest.

Cheers
catcitrus wrote:I'm now old school as far as Honda are concerned--both 89 NX250s-lovely little bkes and 26 bhp (9k revs) and 118kg.
The Mk 2 has just been finished--not perfect but brought back from the edge.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

The Mk1 (my designation) came first--and that's exactly why I put a high fender in--but made my own fork brace. Some people convert to 17/21 or 18/21 from the slightly odd 16/19 and don't seem to bother with a fork brace(probably think its not necessary/too difficult)--I've kept with the stock wheel sizes to keep the bike low and balanced--the wheel spindle is a bit spindly and I think a brace is very necessary (the OE has a thick plate brace under the low fender). I think that you would get away with a low fender in most situations (Dakar bikes , KTM 640 adv and so on). The Mk2 is deliberately kept on standard gearing and trail wings for more road biased and longer trips--70 mph in top is not even 7k revs and the red line doesn't start until 9k--its almost overgeared as standard for road work--but its early days.As you say--I didn't intend to hijack the thread--if you are interested then there is a very active thread on ADV
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/n ... t-30363300
gspod

Post by gspod »

catcitrus wrote:The Mk1 (my designation) came first--and that's exactly why I put a high fender in--but made my own fork brace. Some people convert to 17/21 or 18/21 from the slightly odd 16/19 and don't seem to bother with a fork brace(probably think its not necessary/too difficult)--I've kept with the stock wheel sizes to keep the bike low and balanced--the wheel spindle is a bit spindly and I think a brace is very necessary (the OE has a thick plate brace under the low fender). I think that you would get away with a low fender in most situations (Dakar bikes , KTM 640 adv and so on). The Mk2 is deliberately kept on standard gearing and trail wings for more road biased and longer trips--70 mph in top is not even 7k revs and the red line doesn't start until 9k--its almost overgeared as standard for road work--but its early days.As you say--I didn't intend to hijack the thread--if you are interested then there is a very active thread on ADV
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/n ... t-30363300
Many thanks - I'll take a look

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”