For Sale 2008 BMW G650 XChallenge near Manchester, UK

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
chrisuk

For Sale 2008 BMW G650 XChallenge near Manchester, UK

Post by chrisuk »

My 2008 BMW G650 XChallenge is for sale. It's currently stored near Manchester in England. I'm currently travelling on a different bike in South America. A good mate is sorting everything for me and has the V5c that's in my name and written permission to sell bike.

After riding it in Siberia in 2013, I did a lot of work on it in order to freight it to South America. In the end I bought a Kawasaki KLR 650 here instead. I saved the shipping cost and hassle. I now have job in Central America starting in August so bike is just not going to be used. Hence selling it.

Sorry for the brain dump of writing. I'm writing on my phone as my laptop just broke. They don't bounce so well!! :-(
  • 2008 bike. One of the last to be built
  • Nearly new 48mm White Power aftermarket forks (open chamber), not off a KTM. They are off a Suzuki RM race bike, but were fully serviced before I bought and fitted them. There is an adapter plate so that the brake caliper fits. The front axle is oem. The front hub is the BMW oem. Triple clamps by Kite, made in Italy. Includes spare green skf seals.* (£50 a pair just for the seals). Much better than BMW oem forks.
  • Just rebuilt Ohlins fully adjustable rear shock
  • High front mud guard off a ktm exc
  • Steel braided brake cables front and back
  • New front and rear rims and spokes
  • New Heidenau k60 tyres and hd tubes front and rear
  • New DID x ring chain and sprockets 14/47
  • New head bearings and wheel bearing front and rear
  • Modified lowered at the front seat (by Tony Archer)
  • Wider base on side stand
  • Renthal Dakar high bars with risers and new heated grips. Incl.Barkbusters with alli shafts and wind deflectors
  • Adjustable dirt bike mirrors
  • New brake fluid
  • Radiator brace copied from TT made by engineer friend
  • TT gear shift pedal off f650 that will bend (tip also retracts) if bike is dropped, rather than snapping gearbox shaft with the oem part!!
  • TT sump-plug that doesn't stick out (on a m10 Allen key) below the level of the bashplate
  • Recently replaced water pump parts. Weren't broken,* just as a precaution. * And a spare set too included in the sale
  • New brake pads fitted front and rear
  • Spare brake pads and all bearings including head
  • Spare new ebc clutch plates
  • Hotrod Welding 10litre rear auxiliary fuel tank giving total fuel capacity of 21 litres.Plumbed into main tank.*
  • New oil and oil filter.
  • New air filter
  • By Stefan Sheffelmeier:
  • ###Bashplate.
  • ###Front sprocket guard.
  • ###Extra oil cooling cartridge that goes onto oil filter. Hence sump takes 150ml more oil
  • Remus lightweight silencer Much lighter than oem and no kat
  • Modified H and B rack that can take soft bags. All you need to do a trip is the bags. I used Adventure Spec Magadan bags (not included in sale)
  • Upgraded aftermarket clutch cover that's strengthened on the inside so the clutch mount won't break, as can happen on the oem part
  • Ignition is on a toggle switch on the dash (the ignition switches are a known fault on these bikes). Also a further in-line switch hidden in the ignition wiring. Hence no steering lock
  • Main fuel tank under the seat opens using a screwdriver after I snapped off a key in it in Siberia :-(
  • TT headlight grill
  • Spare throttle and clutch cables tied in parallel
  • Spare air filter
  • Spare oil filter
  • All plastics painted matt black and Barry Sheen logos in place of the BMW roundels :-) I have them in a box in storage. I'm back in the UK in July and will post them on if the bike sells before then.
About 37000km (23000 miles)

The bike is in good condition, although it has been used for what the marketing material says it should do so there are a few marks here and there. Uses no oil and rides well

Will have new MOT for the sales. Currently on SORN

Price:** £3600 ono

Feel free to ask any questions via PM or email chrisbrightATNOSPAMgmailDOTNOSPAMcom (you know which upper case letters to remove.) Serious potential buyers will be put in contact with my mate.

Cheers
Chris

Pics below

Brenhden

Re: For Sale 2008 BMW G650 XChallenge near Manchester, UK

Post by Brenhden »

That bike looks the business. If I was in the market for a bike I would be very tempted.

GLWS (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Brenhden wrote:That bike looks the business. If I was in the market for a bike I would be very tempted.

GLWS (thumbs)
Don't pass this one up Bren! Wish I wasn't broke, living in Spain ...

Si
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
Brenhden wrote:That bike looks the business. If I was in the market for a bike I would be very tempted.

GLWS (thumbs)
Don't pass this one up Bren! Wish I wasn't broke, living in Spain ...

Si
Like I said I don't need on just now. My new DR is currently on parole, if it needs any more work I might consider chopping it in.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
kito

Post by kito »

Good x challenges dont come up for sale often so its buy when you see them rather than when you want one. Took me 2 years to find mine
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

Dare i say - real adventure bike B)
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

I like the idea of the screwdriver / seat lock modification - do you have a tutorial showing how you did it :P

Good luck with the sale. If I didn't already have an X Challenge I'd be tempted. The H&B frames and aux fuel tank add £700 to the value of this bike over standard - so it looks like a good price.

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
andymac

Post by andymac »

I've got some spare new parts that are up for sale, rear can, fork springs, various covers, used engine bash plate etc,I'll post a pic later.
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!
chrisuk

Post by chrisuk »

Forgot to mention that the bike also has a reinforced rear subframe.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

chrisuk wrote:Forgot to mention that the bike also has a reinforced rear subframe.
OMG you mean it's still not sold - this is killing me!

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”