Honda XR650L - For Sale in U.K - VERY rare bike

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
mark1150

Re: Honda XR650L - For Sale in U.K - VERY rare bike

Post by mark1150 »

boristhebold wrote:I can never fathom why a PM isn't sent to a seller rather than open 'hostility' like we occasionally see on here. Buyer beware so if someone is foolish enough to overpay for a bike or kit, that is surely their issue. It's so easy to spend a minute or two checking prices elsewhere. Darwinism.
Bollox!
This post reads like support for dishonesty over honest opinion.

This is supposed to be a forum of friends, not somewhere to get ripped off.
Buyer beware, are you sure? perhaps on the open market it applies but not here.
Regarding the hostility, I've seen ads for MX bikes touted as green lane /enduro bikes, and even a bike that sold recently that was supposed to be in the seller's possession for a year prior to sale, when in fact it couldn't have been.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Mul001 wrote:MAKES MY BLOODY BLOOD BOIL.

I reackon there should be a new rule, if you're not interested in buying or saying something positive about a for sale then keep yur f'kin nose out. Debate it elsewhere no probs, but YOUR post could prevent a good genuine sale, well done, hope y'all sleep well at night.

Frankly in a for sale post it's just bloody disrespectful. plus we get the personal oooh yes i have no ya havnt bashing. Its shite.

Touring Ted i suggest , ya give up on this shower of disrespectful shite and try elsewher, good luck. Rant over.

Id like the opinion of Mods Admin before i get any of the ... dont tell me what to write, im entitled ... crap 'nd all.

Chrz Mul.

.. and before ya get all uppity ive reported this post myself to admin for swearing, and swearing is summit ive never ever done on this or any other forum, ever.

So what you are saying is even if you spot something that could potentially save someone getting burned / stung /ripped off, say sod all?
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I don't think saying "good luck but I think you're being optimistic" was exactly bashing the bike or the seller. If he'd said that he thought it was an overpriced piece of crap and posted links to alternative bikes for sale then that would have been bang out of order and the mods should really step in and pull posts if they see something like that happen but that's not what happened.

If people don't like the fact that certain bikes can get a bit of hammer then stick to single bike forums where the posters are obviously madly in love with the bike but on a forum where the posters own everything from a C90 to the latest sports bikes with Harleys and outfits in the middle just deal with it :)
*Touring Ted*

Post by *Touring Ted* »

milly1964 wrote:Morning Ted, did you consider fitting a kickstart to the Nx engine? And an oil cooler?
Kick start no... Its not needed. The starters are solid on these.

Oil cooler could be a plan if I was doing a lot of hot desert stuff. I've jetted it to run cooler and fitted a colder plug too..

These are very easy to start hot or cold.. When tuned correctly.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Ffs all we need now is the ccm to be brung up and Mike 101 to be whinging he's being bullied and it's a full house
Skippy1970

Post by Skippy1970 »

:whistle:
WesleyDRZ400

Post by WesleyDRZ400 »

image.png
image.png (91.92 KiB) Viewed 2573 times
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

If a seller starts a for sale thread and receives unwelcome comments that he finds out of order a report to moderator message can be sent and we may remove that post.

In this case Ted's bike has obviously had an extensive rebuild to make it reliable for a long trip.
The comments I've read are opinions, that's all.
Plus the discussion keeps it near the top of the page.
If I was planning a long trip that's the sort of bike I'd choose.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
*Touring Ted*

Post by *Touring Ted* »

Mul001 said it all...

I regret posting it at all now. I forgot how bad this forum was for childish squabble and overinflated egos. It's a bloody forum. Get out and enjoy the sunshine.

All I did was try and sell my bike. Asking price, values and final selling prices are between seller and buyer. Half-whit opinions are not needed and are down right RUDE and no doubt if someone was to do the same to their 'For sale' post, they'd be just as annoyed.

I have no intention of ripping anyone off. It's a 100% clean, straight, legal and restored bike. If I wanted the opinion of what people thought it was worth I would of asked such a question in the relevant forum.

But thanks for reminding me why I and many others are leaving ABR in droves.
johnnyboxer

Honda XR650L - For Sale in U.K - VERY rare bike

Post by johnnyboxer »

bond_yzf wrote:Ffs all we need now is the ccm to be brung up and Mike 101 to be whinging he's being bullied and it's a full house
Bingo ;)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”