Wanted - Yamaha WR250R

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
edteamslr

Wanted - Yamaha WR250R

Post by edteamslr »

I'm looking for a WR250R.
Newer the better.

Someone has kindly offered me one already but I want to see if there are any newer ones around maybe 2009, IMS/Safari tank, FMF exhaust, that kind of thing.

Drop me a pm
Cheers.
Harty

Re: Wanted - Yamaha WR250R

Post by Harty »

You after another then? I bought your last one that you did your big trip on! :-)
.....eat my dirt!
edteamslr

Post by edteamslr »

Hi Harty. They're getting long in the tooth but I quite fancy one to keep for posterity :)

Did you get rid of my last one?
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Gabriel at Zen Overland had a few(ex Spanish tour company I think). I bought one about 5 months ago (ex Scottish police)--great bike--now has IMS tank (3 gal), GYTR exhaust and so on--and more to come. It has a massive following in the US and is still a current bike there--goodness knows why Yam stopped selling them here--but we are a small market.

Just finished my "production " version of a full carbon bashplate
africajim

Post by africajim »

Honda, the power of dreams.
edteamslr

Post by edteamslr »

:)
They are around. Found another one in Stoke. If Honda had made their CRF250L a bit less lardy and a bit more performance then I would go with that but having had a WR before I'm keen to keep looking. It's been said a million times but a 350/400 version would have been even better but if I can get a 280cc liner/piston then I just might be tempted. Gabriel also can get the IMS 4.7 and seat concepts seat so no messing around with importing.

The carbon bashplate would make a great addition - let me know when you start cranking them out.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”