Interesting Motorcycle wanted

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Dark Knight

Re: Interesting Motorcycle wanted

Post by Dark Knight »

Reduced the file size, TDM900 review, page 2.
Attachments
YamahaTDM900First02.pdf
(341.98 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
scorparider

Post by scorparider »

I've got my Super Tenere and a nice little trail bike for my local commuting. The poor old TDM has been sitting down at the local dealers for the last year who were trying to sell it for me on commission. It has only done 1800 miles since March 2012 :-(

They were asking £2500, and actually took a deposit from a guy from Bristol over the phone, but he never turned up for it !!

I brought it home from the dealer last month with the intention of keeping it but your wanted ad' made me think about clearing a bit of room in the garage. If you don't buy it then I definitely won't be heartbroken. I keep telling myself that they will become a collector item (and they may well do) but life is short and perhaps I need to move on

I have owned the bike from new and have all the original documentation with it, along with all the MOT history. The bike has 38552h miles on it and is in very good condition. It's been used but has not had a hard life.
It has been regularly serviced by me with the exception of the 25000 valve check service. A recent MOT mentioned an advisory on the condition of the rear disc which I have replaced, it still has a current MOT which expires on 5.3.2015.

The original colour is blue but the tank developed a tiny tiny tiny pin prick hole in the top surface. So I sourced and fitted a second hand tank in yellow and as this is hidden under a baglux tank cover you don't notice it. I have since scraped the paint off the original tank in the offending area and sealed the tank with araldite. I reckon a quick sticker over the top and no one will know any better. The original tank will be included in the sale unless not required, in which case I will eBay at a later date.
The tyres are in excellent condition and the rear is almost new.

The bike has a top box attached for commuting duties.

The bike is datatagged and has all the appropriate documentation with papers to transfer ownership.

It is fitted with a scottoiler and high capacity reservoir which works perfectly.

It has a genuine Yamaha centre stand fitted.

It has a stainless radiator guard

£1950 ovno

Over the years I have collected various bits and bobs which in the first instance I will offer you at the prices outlined below. If you're not interested then they will be ebayed.

These are

a brand new seat still in the yamaha box it was delivered in, - £100
a pair of oe silencers with ever so slight damage, - £75

There might be other stuff tucked in the garage rafters that I can't remember.

Edit - I'm in Huddersfied, West Yorkshire
Attachments
DSC_0177.JPG
DSC_0177.JPG (36.27 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0179.JPG
DSC_0179.JPG (28.1 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0180.JPG
DSC_0180.JPG (32.59 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0176.JPG
DSC_0176.JPG (31.87 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0181.JPG
DSC_0181.JPG (30.06 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0182.JPG
DSC_0182.JPG (33.76 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
I don't do exercise, if God had wanted me to bend over he would have put cake on the floor
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

Sorry Scorp, it is a bit leggy for me. I have passed the details onto a guy on ukgser. He is looking for one
atb Red
Still searching!!!!!
scorparider

Post by scorparider »

redrooster wrote:Sorry Scorp, it is a bit leggy for me. I have passed the details onto a guy on ukgser. He is looking for one
atb Red
cheers mate, having said that 39k is bugga all for a tdm, there are at least 3 I know of that are over 100k.
all the best dave
I don't do exercise, if God had wanted me to bend over he would have put cake on the floor
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

i do understand that Scorp but still prefer less :)
Still searching!!!!!
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

scorparider wrote:
redrooster wrote:Sorry Scorp, it is a bit leggy for me. I have passed the details onto a guy on ukgser. He is looking for one
atb Red
cheers mate, having said that 39k is bugga all for a tdm, there are at least 3 I know of that are over 100k.
all the best dave
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-TDM-90 ... 338ee0aabe
Still searching!!!!!
videoman

Post by videoman »

Thats been for sale for quite a long time as its a local bike dealer to myself.
johnzxr750

Post by johnzxr750 »

Vstrom and vstrom expedition kle 500 and 650 a funduro grown to love mine. Theres loads out there you need to be more specific you could like a bandit or a fazer etc ever a burgervan650 etc. I love my tiger 955i brilliant bike goes anywhere i want it to, 2 up is fine too. I have done 400miles in one day comfortably. Cover back roads and fire trails no problems. Ğive us more info if you want better advice
Hope this helps j
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

johnzxr750 wrote:Vstrom and vstrom expedition kle 500 and 650 a funduro grown to love mine. Theres loads out there you need to be more specific you could like a bandit or a fazer etc ever a burgervan650 etc. I love my tiger 955i brilliant bike goes anywhere i want it to, 2 up is fine too. I have done 400miles in one day comfortably. Cover back roads and fire trails no problems. Ğive us more info if you want better advice
Hope this helps j[/quote

Two you mention are out as they are straight fours
So that leaves singles, twins and triples
Upright not hunched over
Reliable, under 25k
Not needing work
no rusty old junk
Still searching!!!!!
diver1

Post by diver1 »

1999 Fazer FZS 600................immaculate!

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”