Garmin Montana

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
kito

Garmin Montana

Post by kito »

Hi I just though I'd ask here to see if anyone has a garmin Montana they would like to sell ?
If not any suggestions on if the reworked ones that are cheeper are ok ?
I would prefer the more basic one without camera
Thanks kito
kito

Re: Garmin Montana

Post by kito »

I have seen this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garmin-Montan ... 4897.l4275
What do you gps gurus think ?
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Basic is best as maps are free or very cheap..
If the price is right go for it...wont be along soon.
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

I'm looking for one of these too for the new DRZ400s

Russ

Knowing how much of a techno numpty I am

I looked at that advert

Does it come with any mapping or do you download (buy) that separately

You say it's cheap - how much are we talking for Navigator UK Europe and the OS mapping for UK?

I looked at the 650 but I can only see the camera is the difference. I prefer to use my old trusty Panasonic Lumix for a camera

Cheers

Paul
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Its factory reconditioned so okay ..no maps so need europe city nav around 25 quid for card..same for os mapping...
The harddrive is only 2.4 gb so wont hold full europe..id use europe card on sd slot and copy the topo to hardrive..youd need to change the file name to get proper boot order..

Sure some montana guys on here could offer advise as im a etrex man..

Good buy for money...the new citynav europe is huge ioffer is your friend..
With. Dvd copy hoh can put country files in hardrive and use sd slot for multipull topo maps on big card...

Ask Acp..lol
Phil

Post by Phil »

Tramp wrote:Its factory reconditioned so okay ..no maps so need europe city nav around 25 quid for card..same for os mapping...
The harddrive is only 2.4 gb so wont hold full europe..id use europe card on sd slot and copy the topo to hardrive..youd need to change the file name to get proper boot order..
i dont have an SD card in my 650 and i have full city europe on mine. the camera aint bad, best part is how handy it is as its just sat there by your hands on the bars (ready to snap ya mates when they have an off :lol: )
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I have city navigotor on my nuvi 2010 version but 2015 wont fit as its huge..you must have a old version..lol

Im always happy to be proved wrong as i dont know it all......yet lol..

There have been big changes to city nav maps for portugal and spain where lots of new roads built...umm!
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Phil wrote:
Tramp wrote:Its factory reconditioned so okay ..no maps so need europe city nav around 25 quid for card..same for os mapping...
i dont have an SD card in my 650 and i have full city europe on mine. the camera aint bad, best part is how handy it is as its just sat there by your hands on the bars (ready to snap ya mates when they have an off :lol: )
Ditto the camera - I don't have one on my GPS 62 version, but it would be soooo handy for adding info to marking waypoints, which is pretty much all i use the contraption for . . .

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Phil

Post by Phil »

Tramp wrote:I have city navigotor on my nuvi 2010 version but 2015 wont fit as its huge..you must have a old version..lol

Im always happy to be proved wrong as i dont know it all......yet lol..

There have been big changes to city nav maps for portugal and spain where lots of new roads built...umm!
Good point!! i shall now crawl back into the hole i came from.... :P

Spanish biker: yeah, the way point thing is good as when you go into Basecamp your pics pop up on the map, which is also great for trips as half the time i forget and look at photos and think "where was that taken???"
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

Latest City Nav is about 3.5GB. Add another 0.5gb for 3d buildings if that floats your boat. I'm using a monterra ratha than Montana but something to watch out for with the garmin maps in general. If you buy the sd card version it won't let you copy it to a bigger SD. It comes on a 4gb card so no space for owt else. I found this out after but apparently you can buy as a download also if you buy the download you can stick it on any size card you want. So 5 quid later from amazon you could have it sat on a nice 16gb card with plenty of room.

For those that are in the know I know you can do some messing about to get it off the card but it is a bit of a faff. If I'd have known about the download option I'd have saved myself the faff.

If doing this and buying cards check the compatibility of your Montana for max card size. As they got newer the accepted larger cards.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”