Honda XRV750 RD04 Africa Twin NOW SOLD

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
africajim

Honda XRV750 RD04 Africa Twin NOW SOLD

Post by africajim »

Ok, I am selling my RD04 Africa Twin. I have run this bike for two years as a winter hack so firstly, it is a rough example that would make either a good hack or a renovation project. Due to identity issues it has a Q registration but I've had no problems with this and have all paperwork in my name.
The bike is currently MOT'd and road taxed until August and is drivable if you wanted to ride it home. I have done 15k miles on the bike and can say it is a sweet ride. The bike is whole and everything works as it should. It has a km speedo but I can say it has done 33k miles.
These bikes are becoming rarer and much sought after and although mine is a rough example it is at the right money.
Nearest bid to a grand, £1000 and the bike's yours!
I'm not mucking about with petty offers, I'll break it rather than accept much less. Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea of what's for sale, but I will mention, an Africa Twin engine alone is worth £750 on Ebay all day long!
27042014134.jpg
27042014134.jpg (60.71 KiB) Viewed 2180 times
27042014133.jpg
27042014133.jpg (62.12 KiB) Viewed 2180 times
Honda, the power of dreams.
bond_yzf

Re: Honda XRV750 RD04 Africa Twin F/S

Post by bond_yzf »

If I hadn't have just splashed on new kit I'd snap that right up Jim !
lmg

Post by lmg »

Thats nice. Always wanted a AT. I wonder how I would get it since I am in South Yorkshire?
Cheers,

Leigh (LMG)

beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Pm on its way jim.
africajim

Post by africajim »

I'm willing to meet halfway within reason, the bike's a good ride so I'll happily ride south with it.
Yorkshire's a mere 350 miles, easy in a day!
I'm three quarters an hour from Inverness airport or on a major bus route Aberdeen - Inverness A96 so easy to get here. Just insure the bike and turn up with money and a helmet! Nice ride home!
There is also those guys who ship bikes in a van, usually around £150 delivered to your door.
I do have three locals interested as well so first come fist served, but I am willing to help in delivery.
vacant_space

Post by vacant_space »

Ah well, I hope you don't forget all of the tricks and tips - you've given me several excellent pointers over the last year here and over on XRV dot org :)

If you'd consider breaking the @ I'll give you 50 p for the left hand side handlebar grip ;)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
africajim

Post by africajim »

I'm not moving out of @T's, just upgrading! I found a cleaner RD04 so passing my old one to someone who wants to own an @T! It's not a thing of beauty but the bike is whole and would make an excellent refurb job for someone who wants a project or for someone who just wants an old hack!
I'll still be on XRV, it's one of the best dedicated sites out there.
vacant_space

Post by vacant_space »

Oh, OK :)

Nice to read that you have another RD04 in the pipeline, I was only vaguely aware of AT's before I inherited mine before it was about to be chucked in a skip, but it's become something of an addiction ;)

6 months later and 600 nicker lighter and hopefully MOT next weekend, fingers crossed! :)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

Good luck with the sale Jim. Glad your still keeping an AT. The RD04 is a cracking bike. This would make a great bike for a rebuild.
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
africajim

Post by africajim »

Hi Loggy, I'd keep it if I had the room but with the other RD04, the Transalp, the Elefant, the Crosstourer and Fiona's GS sitting here we're running out of room!

I've had great fun with the bike for a couple of yrs so I'll miss it, but plenty more to take out! It'll make a cheap runaround for someone, not much of these bikes for sale on the road at this money!

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”