2001 Africa Twin

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
ysbytymike

Re: 2001 Africa Twin

Post by ysbytymike »

Aarrg, Love the @t's and its a lovely example. If I can sell my FJR in time I'l be in touch.
Growing old is inevitable - Growing up is optional
HUDDERS

Post by HUDDERS »

ysbytymike wrote:Aarrg, Love the @t's and its a lovely example. If I can sell my FJR in time I'l be in touch.
no problem :)
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

I am not a XRV member, so could you just put the price on here please. Ian Coates is looking for a replacement for his nicked one,

Facebook/Iancoates

[email protected]
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
HUDDERS

Post by HUDDERS »

Road2Manchester wrote:I am not a XRV member, so could you just put the price on here please. Ian Coates is looking for a replacement for his nicked one,

Facebook/Iancoates

[email protected]
The price is £4000, if you sign up to http://www.bigtrailie.co.uk/portal.php there is a full description loads of pictures and lots of extras included.

Simon
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Why are ATs so sought after?

I've never ridden one so I don't have a view on it but why do they have such a following....what did. Honda do right then that they don't do now?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Mike101 wrote:Why are ATs so sought after?

I've never ridden one so I don't have a view on it but why do they have such a following....what did. Honda do right then that they don't do now?

Mike
Have a look at this site Mike

http://www.nightwings.org/Marathon/Mara ... me-en.html

The ATs will run on the worst of fuel found in remote places, have minimal electronics, simple understressed engine and low output, can be repaired anywhere, run on bearings that can be bought anywhere. They still have great road presence and don't look that dated today

It's a shame they have missed all the opportunities that we see but the mass market and ulimately Honda picture as very different
ysbytymike

Post by ysbytymike »

My opinion Mike is all of the above minus the calliper's which were 'awful'. There is however a conversion you can make off one of the 600cc sports bikes (forget which one it is now) which eliminates the problem. Just change the hangers and the pots and you'r away.

They seem to have a personality all of their own, which you just don't get with most modern bikes.
"Old school".

Ysbyty
Growing old is inevitable - Growing up is optional
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

They are a fantastic bike. I love mine. That is a very good price for a low mileage R/W/B (always fastest ;) )AT especially with all the extras Simon is selling with it.

I spoke to a guy who had his AT rims replaced with SMPro rims, stainless spokes, new tyres and bearings fitted to the hubs. £700 was the damage, and Simon is also including a full set of wheels in the sale.

I own one of Simon's old bikes and she is a great bike! (thumbs)

(that's 5% commission please mate, lol) :evil: :laugh:
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
HUDDERS

Post by HUDDERS »

sold

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”