Pyrenees trails guides for sale

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

I've got half a dozen surplus guides from this year's Catalonia Pyrenees HISS rally. Now that I'm adding so many new trails and re-organising the itineraries these won't serve for next year as I'd planned, so I'm selling them pretty much at cost.

Each guide is about 100 pages (A5) and is spiral bound, printed on thick paper and has plastic covers - i.e. made to be used on the trails.

There are about 500 kms of trails arranged into 5 'chapters' covering different zones with a relatively small area - all covered by one of the excellent 1: 50 000 Catalan Cartographic Institute maps. The range includes trails on open mountainsides at over 2,000 metres, forests and spectacular ravines and gorges in the limestone country immediately to the south of the 'alpine' zone.

In the two HISS rallies so far no-one has completed all the trails during the five days of the rally itself, let alone done the routes 'backwards' - which makes many of the trails altogether different due to the prevailing slopes, etc.

All trails are 'doable' by all sorts of bikes and riders, although some of the trails can be difficult for big bikes in wet weather, but each trail has a rough grading and specific warnings for hazards such long sections of clay surface, etc.

Each trail comes with directions and satnav coords to find the start and finish plus essential waypoints - some common sense is required not to wander off trails down lesser tracks - plus distances, nearest fuel availability and directions to the nearby trails - many of which run direct from one to the other.

Each 'chapter' has a map showing all of the trails there and each individual trail has it's own map which show the lie of the land. But I strongly recommend having the ICC C map as well, which I can source locally for 7€ each, much cheaper than from Stanfords.

In addition there is a general guide to the local riding conditions, rules and regs plus examples of the common information/prohibition signs, etc.

Including the ICC map and P+P to the UK I'm asking £35 - with luck a handy stocking filler for anyone who can't make next year's rallies :)

Please mail me from the HISS rally page contact formfor details.

Regs

Simon

Meanwhile a few samples:
Screenshot2013-12-08at12.20.41PM.png
Screenshot2013-12-08at12.20.41PM.png (151.3 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Screenshot2013-12-08at12.18.53PM.png
Screenshot2013-12-08at12.18.53PM.png (172.36 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Screenshot2013-12-08at12.19.53PM.png
Screenshot2013-12-08at12.19.53PM.png (62.74 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
bond_yzf

Re: Pyrenees trails guides for sale

Post by bond_yzf »

I'll take them thanks paypal ok ?
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

hi there I'd like a guide if possible too please.Message sent.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Me too if there's a spare ?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

email sent in case there is one left :)
Not all those wandering are lost
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

Yes please :)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Wow!

OK, I think I have all six of you on email from the contact form and have most of your Avatars from these. If anyone of the above hasn't mailed from the form yet please get a move on, it's first come first served.

I'm mailing you back with bank and/paypal, whichever you prefer, tomorrow when I have broadband. Then I'll go and look for the maps tomorrow. If they're not in stock here - I'm back on the coast as of now - I'll be in Barcelona tomorrow and Wednesday where I think I can get all I need.

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Payment sent
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

I can PayPal you Simon, after you have emailed the details
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like