Morocco RTW TTR 250 for sale

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
spit

Morocco RTW TTR 250 for sale

Post by spit »

Going where you need to pay for a carnet? Want a bike for Morocco?
Like the idea of being on a bike the locals might not think is out of place?
Want twice the fuel economy?
Want to go on a bike that you really will be able to use off road?
A TTR250 is a great choice for a round the world bike. Described a as trail bike that is ‘as civilised as it is competent’ it has 6 gears making road riding a pleasure. It’s carburetted so you can repair it and it’s air cooled so that’s a whole other problem taken care of too. The seat is all day comfy and the bike weighs 135 kilos so you can pick it up by yourself. Owners are supported by a brilliant forum that is always quick to reply with relevant, easy to understand info. Parts are available from the excellent TotallyTTRs.
Bought by me in Feb 2012, previous owner bought it in Feb 2010, in his note he said ‘The previous owner used it mainly off road but looked after it very well, all those who had viewed it could not believe it had been off road and…I am completely anal about my bikes being mechanically perfect’
The bike was in perfect order & I was very very happy. Since then it has run faultlessly.
Registered on 01.08.02 Past kilometerage; 23.07.07 4444
24.08.09 4472
24.08.10 5212
24.01.12 6632
02.05.13 7780
Presently 8153
MOT expires on 01.05.2014, no advisories tax expires 30.04.2014- 5 months T&T remaining
Faults; there is a slight oil leak from the sump plug. I had the sump plug helicoiled with a steel insert so the engine case won’t get stripped when the bike has an oil change out there in the bush. However this has resulted in a slight oil leak from the sump plug. The bike does not lose any more oil during running than stood still.
The instruments binnacle sits on two plastic arms, one of these has broken cleanly- the result of a tree jumping out at me. I’ve tried supaglue & hard plastic glue, needs plastic welding probably. There isn’t room for the instrument binnacle to move around and the speedo & lights have not been affected.
The right hand mirror is bent lower than the left as a result of the same tree, actually puts the mirror further out which is a bonus
The bike has;
New front tyre-Michelin Comp, 2 rides old
Front smaller than OE indicators tucked in out of the way
New headlight fitted. It takes an ordinary H4 bulb so the bulb can be replaced anywhere in the world. The bike has a light as good as any big road bike
Renthal 666 bars-the widest, second highest bars they make+6mm bar risers, makes standing up comfortable
Polisport handguards
Shorty levers from Moose Racing
Polisport foam grips- makes a lot of difference
Symtec heated grips-LOVELY
2 keys
23 litre Acerbis tank- this is a tank for a (600) TTR not the usual conversion of an XR tank- very rare- may come up for sale twice a year
Twin FIAMM horns, so very much better than the stock effort
Magnetic sump plug. The sump plug sits in a steel insert hellicoiled into the engine case. The idea being that your roadside mechanic out there won’t be able to strip the thread in the aluminium engine case with the steel plug, leaving you very very stranded
New battery (04.12)
CRD bashplate
Big footpegs
CRD frame guards, both sides, protects rear brake cylinder
Lowering link, comes with the original link if you want to make it taller again
Wire from tip of brake pedal to bash plate, stops brake pedal being bent back
Original Equipment oil cooler, another rare item. Never available in the UK. Oil coolers were an aftermarket goodie in Australia. Comes up for sale about twice a year. Last 2 were offered at £150 a pop! Increases the oil capacity by 50%? A no brainer addition if the bike is going to work every day. Often bought without the bolt you need to put in the crankcase so that the oil flow is diverted into the cooler. Not fitted, comes with the bolt.
New rear sintered brake pads, from TotallyTTRs, longer lasting & better feel
Sprockets changed to 13/50-a popular ratio on the TTR forum also added new beefier sprocket bolts
Mitas CO2 rear tyre, a firm favourite with greenlaners, good off road, lasts on road. 2 rides old.
Heavy duty inner tube
Rear LED amber indicators with relays (so they don’t wink too fast) flush fitting-protected by the grab handles. Not fitted
2 number plates, 1 small enough not to get broken the other for MOT day
Will come with spare clutch & brake levers, a TotallyTTRs wheel nut spanner, spare master link, original suspension link, L hand mirror, 14T &48T sprockets
Bike located in Hertfordshire, UK. Thanks, Mark +44(0)77806 75342
£2600 (thumbs)
http://s1003.photobucket.com/user/markspitzer/library/
Treadtrader

Re: Morocco RTW TTR 250 for sale

Post by Treadtrader »

It's a great description but pics sell a bike.

Click here mate.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... tures.html
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
spit

Post by spit »

No, doesn't work for me...I don't get asked 'insert'. I'll try to find another way tonight
Cheers for the pointer
Mark
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

spit wrote:No, doesn't work for me...I don't get asked 'insert'. I'll try to find another way tonight
Cheers for the pointer
Mark
Might depend on which browser you are using, try a different one like IE or Safari
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Lois Pryce rode a TTR250 from London to Cape Town - a very capable bike and it sounds like you've had a lot of fun on yours
http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent ... /the-bike/

Uploading pics stopped working with firefox a while ago - definitely worth trying another browser :)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
spit

Post by spit »

I use Firefox, I'm trying with Chrome
Thanks
spit

Post by spit »

Didn't work using Chrome. Going to try photobucket, like the link suggests

http://s1003.photobucket.com/user/markspitzer/library/

That seems to have worked-many thanks to the gent that created the idiots guide
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Click the pic in photobucket so it blows up. Right click on it and choose "copy image location", then in the posting box on here, click the square green icon with the chain line, it's above this guy :woohoo: and slightly left. A box appears. In the long box with http in it, just click in there and hightlight the http and do paste, then insert. Hey presto (I'm doing it with firefox)

woodshack

Post by woodshack »

Have you posted it on the Totally TTR website? (http://www.totallyttrs.com/) The one stop shop for everything TTR (inc selling your pride and joy's)
I used to have a Raid version and nice bit of kit for most things, never let me down.
GLWTS
Habitual Bike Changer - seeks two wheeled romance and oppurtunities for adventure and getting dirty.
spit

Post by spit »

Thanks Woodshack, it went up on the TTR forum last night. Alac & alass till no sale!

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”