Maps of France and Spain

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
gbags

Maps of France and Spain

Post by gbags »

Hi Guys,

Off on the ferry to Santander in a week and I’m trying to remember which maps there are that have the highlighted routes that tell you these are great driving/riding routes.

Can anyone tell me or give me a link?

While we’re here, does anyone know a good website for hostels? I can get hotels in Booking.com but does anyone know some good place to find more bike friendly hostels or campsites in Europe? More fire pits beside rivers, than air conditioned and anonymous.

Thanks
Snaf MKII

Re: Maps of France and Spain

Post by Snaf MKII »

We have a Philips European atlas in the van, that has scenic routes highlighted.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Michelin maps have green or is it red highlighted scenic routes....but only certain map scales...or look on the Michelin map app on your phone..

Europe is expensive now but Spain has cheaper fuel than France which is over 2.10 euro a ltr for petrol :twisted: ..
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

€2.10 per litre…. 😮
I’m off to Vienna in a week and a half.
That’s gonna cost me
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Fuel seems to be hovering between €1.80 and €1.90 round here of late, so cheaper than France but still not cheap.

Most places are biker friendly in Spain, and I´ve not much experience of hostels here, but the attached website might be of help - https://www.hostelworld.com/hostels/Spain

Others have answered the maps question.

Have a great break.
Pat
gbags

Post by gbags »

Thanks, that’ll help a lot.

I want a paper map for poring over at night, figuring out where to go the next day. Nothing like a real map to give you perspective and a visual mind map, then plug the way points into the GPS and follow it.

Someone also suggested the ¡Overlander app for campsites, hostels and everything else to do with overlanding.
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Yep, Michelin maps have the scenic roads highlighted in green, the regional ones have loads more detail than national but obviously you would need more of them.
Re Spanish fuel prices, I'm currently there now and I seem to get a discount from the advertised price if paying cash. is this normal ?
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Bart1 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:17 pm Re Spanish fuel prices, I'm currently there now and I seem to get a discount from the advertised price if paying cash. is this normal ?
Bart - Spanish authorities have introduced discounts on fuel tax due to the price increases - that is likely what you are experiencing at payment. I´m not sure it only applies to cash - I got a discount paying by card on Sunday. It is hard to work out where and when though as it seems not all places are offering it all the time - it might depend on the ´stock´ they have - but must confess I´m not 100% certain.

But to answer your direct question - no its not normal. :-)

Pat
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Thanks for the info Pat.

I also forgot to say above that E5 seems very readily available, much more so than West Wales anyway.
gbags

Post by gbags »

E5?

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”