GIVI

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
v8mark

GIVI

Post by v8mark »

I brought a pair of GIVI crash bar bags last September and they saw I outing got home stripped the bike down and noticed a welded seam open . I contacted the eBay seller and had no response. So contacted GIVI. There not interested. So the moral of the story is I won’t buy GIVI luggage because there’s no customer service. Kriega get my hard earned now. Rant over
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: GIVI

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Perhaps better to say "I won't buy ebay again because the people who sell on it have no understanding of the Sale of Goods Act."

Do you have a postal address for the 'seller'?

Was the kit new or used?

Did you load it within the stated limits?
v8mark

Post by v8mark »

Brand new from a givi distributor. And had a inner tube and levers in it . You can see we’re the weld has not taken .lesson learnt. Moving on
Attachments
2CD3F25A-8D1A-45B0-A070-832F80CE8BBB.jpeg
2CD3F25A-8D1A-45B0-A070-832F80CE8BBB.jpeg (205.19 KiB) Viewed 3759 times
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Faulty production for sure
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

As we all know it’s the sellers responsibility, but if they’re not interested let us know who it is then we can be wary of them, it’s not a company called moto-central I’ve just had dealings with them my article never arrived when I rang they admitted it wasn’t in stock when I ordered it & id receive it when they did, so I invoked ebays rules & got a refund, but they didn’t rush!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
v8mark

Post by v8mark »

The real crunch is when I ordered these they naffed up and sent 2 sets out ie 4 bags me being honest told them and returned a set. Maybe they new I would need a spare set😀. Hindsight. 😎
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Seems a bit unfair to condemn all Givi products because Givi were not keen to get involved in this dispute. The contract of sale was with the seller, not the manufacturer, so the seller is wholly responsible for resolving faulty goods issues. For Givi to get involved could leave them in an invidious position when they have no contractual or other responsibilities, so I can see why they would not want to get involved.
For the record, I've had numerous Givi products over the years and all have generally been well made and durable. I've always bought from my local dealer so getting spares etc. has been easy 🙂
simonw

Post by simonw »

You can raise a claim through eBay too. Failing that, you can write to the seller claiming your right to repair/replacement under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (which replaced the Sale of Goods act in Oct 2015), and threatening the small claims court if they don't comply. And then finally you can file a claim in the small claims court if all else fails.
v8mark

Post by v8mark »

Once bitten. I haven’t condemned all givi products just not for me in future. To much to do to worry about a bag now. I know that I cannot reach the seller and when I emailed givi they were not interested so time to move on. 84 quid or should I say 42 quid cause I still have one bag. Not well spent
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Although we hear of horror stories from using eBay I have only ever had one duff product, returned it through the eBay system and I was refunded. Well worth taking the effort.

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”