Soft Baggage Comparison 2020

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Chris S

Soft Baggage Comparison 2020

Post by Chris S »

Hi all. While working on AMH8 I complied a listing of nearly two-dozen soft baggage pannier sets from 18 manufacturers in 9 countries with claimed volumes of over 25 litres (50 litres total).
I classify this as the minimum practical volume for overland travels.
Things will change and other bags may be/come available.

There more including stock images and links at https://wp.me/P25l5L-dFu

Hope it's useful

Last edited by Chris S on Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bikenav

Re: Soft Baggage Comparison 2020

Post by bikenav »

great job thanks very much
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Anybody tried the Touratech endurance click, bags. They seem good value for money and made by Ortlieb, won’t be too shoddy quality wise.
Chris S

Post by Chris S »

List updated.
See first post.

New Mags in the pipeline, I hear.
msu-70.jpg
msu-70.jpg (143.81 KiB) Viewed 7404 times
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Interesting to see Lomo is by far the least expensive. Is Kreiga really worth over ten times as much? I've not had Lomo panniers, but have had various other Lomo stuff and found it really durable, waterproof and fit for purpose. And it's UK made.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Lomo just released, or about to, new 30 litre panniers, each side, about £70 :D
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

I like my Bumot Xtremadas.
I got Cliff at the Adventure Bike Shop to special order two of the full size bags (no exhaust cut out needed for my CCM GP450).
Great bags that lock to the frames. They have waterproof bag liners. I am well pleased with them.

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Many thanks Chris

Remarkably timely and helpful post - literally just searching for soft luggage for the new SCR950. As stock, it doesn't even have space to store an allen key!

Looks like SW Motech are front runners at the mo... They make an SLC side carrier that is lockable and bike specific, and doesn't seem to take away from its rakish good looks when the bags are unclipped.

Cheers

Pat
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I have the Dirtsack longranger pro that are made in India and i am impressed by the quality and how tough they are. I purchased mine when they were just trying to break into the European market and they were cheaper. I now have a Royal Enfield Himalayan which came with hard panniers so i don,t use them anymore but i will keep hold of them in case i buy another bike without panniers.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

mark vb wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:52 pm Interesting to see Lomo is by far the least expensive. Is Kreiga really worth over ten times as much? I've not had Lomo panniers, but have had various other Lomo stuff and found it really durable, waterproof and fit for purpose. And it's UK made.

I have the Kriega OS panniers (which are also British) and a friend had the Lomo panniers. We went on a weekend camping/trail riding trip up to Thetford Forest. He struggled for the who trip with the Lomos: having to use bungees to keep them straight and level whilst struggling to pack them comfortably. They ended up in the back of the shed as soon as he got home and were replaced with Givi Canyon bags soon after. Buy cheap, buy twice.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”