Cleaning your kit

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
SHarper

Cleaning your kit

Post by SHarper »

15A6D686-A689-4673-A8A7-B1B7EA901F35.jpeg
15A6D686-A689-4673-A8A7-B1B7EA901F35.jpeg (224.93 KiB) Viewed 4873 times
Nah then, I’ve just got back from an Eastern European trip and have come to unpack my Wolfman tail bag. It’s rained quite a lot, the bag isn’t waterproof but all my stuff has been in dry bags, except my dirty washing. At the bottom of the bag, I found the underpants that nearly broke Tommy Mars’ neck (kudos if you get this reference). When emptying the end pocket I found a reservoir of Scott oil from a leaking bottle that I took for refills.
So my question is, what do people use to clean bags such as this? Bung it in the washing machine, Jet wash it, scrub it with hand wash is there some special kit clean type stuff that anyone can recommend?
OB1

Re: Cleaning your kit

Post by OB1 »

I recently washed my Kriega R30 backpack for the first time in over 10 years of ownership. I did a quick search for their cleaning instructions on the internet and went with that: bung it in the washer with non-biological washing liquid.

The only issue I had was that some stitching came loose but, as I said, it is over 10 years old and easily fixed.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”