Leatherman repairs/guarantee

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
AlanHolt

Re: Leatherman repairs/guarantee

Post by AlanHolt »

Leatherman UK say you only need to register their products if you live in the USA. As I now live in Spain, they have given me the contact details of the Spanish repair centre. I'll post the outcome.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
UKJeeper

Post by UKJeeper »

My old (15+ years Supertool) had worn out the plier hinge. So when I found myself riding through Portland, OR I stopped by the Leatherman store.

They swapped it out for a shiny new Wave (and pouch), no hesitation.

Top company, Imo.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

AlanHolt wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:00 pm The cork was plugging a drain in an agricultural eater deposit. It had been painted over with aguastop and pool paint.
This does raise a good (if off topic) point. I really need a new Leatherman as my PST is now too precious to deserves retirement. I often need a cork screw as well as pliers, do any Leatherman tools have a corkscrew?

Cheers

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

AlanHolt wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:00 pm The cork was plugging a drain in an agricultural eater deposit. It had been painted over with aguastop and pool paint.
Aahh thought you might of been prying a cork out a wine bottle :lol:
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

The Spanish distributor sent me a return form, filled it out and sent it off today (€5.30 tracked postage). On the form was a tick box for if the tool had 'sentimental value' and you would like the same one repaired and returned. Whilst the PST II has been a great tool, it was bought for me by an ex, so i didn't tick the box and i'll see what they send me.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:10 pm
This does raise a good (if off topic) point. I really need a new Leatherman as my PST is now too precious to deserves retirement. I often need a cork screw as well as pliers, do any Leatherman tools have a corkscrew?

Cheers

Bren
For a clue to the answer take a look at the leatherman website ;)
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Today, I received a new Leatherman Rebar. They didn't send a pouch and I won't know if it fits in the PST ii pouch until I return home, but great service.
tuftywhite

Post by tuftywhite »

Glad it worked out. It's good to know there's still excellent customer service around.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

If there is a negative from this, its that the Rebar doesn't fit in the PSTii leather case, so the exchange is going to cost me €20 for a new case, but I will probably get something back selling my original one on fleaBay.
waggy

Post by waggy »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Cheers

Bren

I have the Flair and that has a corkscrew, not sure if it is still available as I have had it 20+ years!!!

Return to β€œTRAVEL GEAR”