Backpac's - Kriega R20

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Landsurfer

Re: Backpac's - Kriega R20

Post by Landsurfer »

Had a R25 but the parachute harness was a pain .. are there there any other rucksacks of similar build quality and wear resistance available ?
Go Out. Take Risks. Live.
“ No chains shall sully thee, Thou soul of love and brav’ry “
Moo

Post by Moo »

Landsurfer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:11 pm Had a R25 but the parachute harness was a pain .. are there there any other rucksacks of similar build quality and wear resistance available ?
The R20 has a much smaller harness system, only one clip instead of the R25's two. Most other backpacks now have a chest harness, but none as comfy or load spreading as the R20 while still being unobtrusive.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

You could dump your top box and fit a peli case , made for the job
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Check out the COURSE ones that were only a tenner--semi rigid, apparently waterproof, contoured, and designed for a laptop--They work well--goodness knows how they manage to sell them at that price. I had to extend the belly strap a bit for bulky jackets--but saddle thread and a spare bit of strap and its done in 15 minutes. I have ALSO just bought the Kriega R15-- for offroad primarily. The shoulder strap system gives complete freedom of movement. They have waterproof zips and an inner waterproof pocket--its standard wear for the offroad community--and I can see why, and where the money goes--Kriega don't allow any seller to discount and the R15 is over 100 quid--but oh so comfortable and rugged--and you can get the goretex inner bags for a few quid so that you can swim with it!
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

P4ulie wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 pm I have an R20 which I bought to replace a much loved R15 (I wish i'd bought another R15). I think you will struggle as a laptop bag due to shape, it will fit the laptop but you won't get much else in there......cut your sarnies small.

I would have a look at a dedicated laptop rucksack, something with an internal padded section, I used to have a fantastic Crumpler bag back when I bicycled around or look at getting a larger top box?
P4ulie, I have an R15 which I'd swap for an R20. Interested?
Not all those wandering are lost
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

pinball1008 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:13 pm
P4ulie wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 pm I have an R20 which I bought to replace a much loved R15 (I wish i'd bought another R15). I think you will struggle as a laptop bag due to shape, it will fit the laptop but you won't get much else in there......cut your sarnies small.

I would have a look at a dedicated laptop rucksack, something with an internal padded section, I used to have a fantastic Crumpler bag back when I bicycled around or look at getting a larger top box?
P4ulie, I have an R15 which I'd swap for an R20. Interested?
I am pinball, the 15 suits my needs more, drop me a pm as the logistics may be a bit awkward
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Landsurfer

Post by Landsurfer »

Red COURSE on it's way .... £9.99 ............ lets see ?!? :roll:
Go Out. Take Risks. Live.
“ No chains shall sully thee, Thou soul of love and brav’ry “
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

catcitrus wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:49 pm Check out the COURSE ones that were only a tenner--semi rigid, apparently waterproof, contoured, and designed for a laptop--They work well--goodness knows how they manage to sell them at that price. I had to extend the belly strap a bit for bulky jackets--but saddle thread and a spare bit of strap and its done in 15 minutes. I have ALSO just bought the Kriega R15-- for offroad primarily. The shoulder strap system gives complete freedom of movement. They have waterproof zips and an inner waterproof pocket--its standard wear for the offroad community--and I can see why, and where the money goes--Kriega don't allow any seller to discount and the R15 is over 100 quid--but oh so comfortable and rugged--and you can get the goretex inner bags for a few quid so that you can swim with it!
Christ, Chris! I bought one of those Course backpacks based on the price. I though it was the worst tenner I ever spent! :lol:

There's no padding on the inside whatsoever so anything in there digs in your back. It might be OK with a laptop in though, providing a flat surface in contact with your back.

The boy now uses it when he wants to play ninja turtles. In fact, I should have auctioned it the other week but forgot about it... next time :)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

what do you carry--big spanners, tins of beans ?---I use it for waterproofs and documents etc--stuff that I need to hand and also want to keep with me when off the bike--I think great value for a tenner--for a road bike--and I thought that the inner was spaced in a bit so that there was no contact with your back anyway--pack smart young man!

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”