Lomo Panniers.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Cone

Re: Lomo Panniers.

Post by Cone »

I use a lomo tail pack which the quality is great just doesn’t really fit on my new luggage frame.

If I sell my sw motec panniers and frames I was going to get the bags Daryl has shown above.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

RandG wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:26 pm
zimtim wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:52 am Lomo stuff is normally very good but at £50 a set
Well that immediately questions their quality.
Doesn't that say everything about the modern middle class snob. If it's cheap it must be rubbish, how very British.
Hahaha
Well just shows what you know, you're wrong in thinking that I am modern definitely old fashioned with old fashioned morals and manners.
Middle class never pure working class
A snob not in the slightest
As for being British well born in England from German ancestry and brought up and educated in Africa hence the moniker Zim as in Zimbabwe

And I never said they were rubbish I merely would question their quality and durability at that price.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

zimtim wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 pm
RandG wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:26 pm
zimtim wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:52 am Lomo stuff is normally very good but at £50 a set
Well that immediately questions their quality.
Doesn't that say everything about the modern middle class snob. If it's cheap it must be rubbish, how very British.
Hahaha
Well just shows what you know, you're wrong in thinking that I am modern definitely old fashioned with old fashioned morals and manners.
Middle class never pure working class
A snob not in the slightest
As for being British well born in England from German ancestry and brought up and educated in Africa hence the moniker Zim as in Zimbabwe

And I never said they were rubbish I merely would question their quality and durability at that price.
Whatever your nationality,all you are looking at is a pair of waterproof bags which sell in Aldi for about £15 each (without a logo)with a strap added across the two.I'm pretty sure Lomo don't have a factory in Scotland producing PVC exclusively for them.I've been using a "Highlander" branded bag for a couple of years now and can't see what a Lomo could do better.
Brads

Post by Brads »

So you`ve never used a LOMO bag then.?

They are seriously high quality, and they will back that up as well. My last offshore bag was LOMO and it held up better than anything else I`d tried.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

8-) I was given the opportunity to handle a pair of pre-production Lomo panniers a few weeks ago.
Whilst they might not meet Magadan or Enduristan design criteria they looked to me to Represent Outstanding Value ----- and that is simply based on knowing the LOMO value ethic.
I doubt if they will be £50 but for sure they will be sub £100.
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

:o well would you believe it, £50 a pair.
http://www.lomo.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000088. ... ml#SID=118
RandG

Post by RandG »

Watched the video, you gotta admit they are very well thought out and for the price it's a no brainer if it's soft you want.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

These where the originals and excellent design and quality..

https://overlandmag.com/features/ortlie ... -panniers/

Flattery is everything....unfortunately thd ortlieb are no longer available.... :o

And to prove im not a troublemaker ive actually ordered a set just now :D ....na na :roll:
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Blimey £50 that really is a no brainer, you could have six of these for price of magadans and the like, had my lomo roll bag years and still in good nick...... :D
daryl

Post by daryl »

Too cheap not to order a pair.

Will report back mid July after a 2.5 week trip to Italy

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”