Oh my god! Another tent!

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
dubber68

Oh my god! Another tent!

Post by dubber68 »

Well I ordered a new tent today. I have a serious problem as this makes tent number 5. The tent in question is a MSR Hubba tour 1 which I think will be just right for solo trips, whether powered or by push bike. The large porch area is a must for me for stashing kit and hiding from the bad weather. I will report back after it's first use.

https://www.msrgear.com/tents/hubba-tour-1
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Rederic

Re: Oh my god! Another tent!

Post by Rederic »

Good choice would like one of them myself 8-)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Cheers Eric. Been on the verge a few times but finally pulled the trigger. I was hoping to join you last weekend but had to work. Was it a good weekend?
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

The main pole arrangement is like a "Big Agnes" from the US--nice tent, but a hefty price tag.
I bought 2 3 man "nature Hike" chinese copies of a Big Agnes design--for less than 70 quid-really as almost disposable for camping at LeMans Moto GP--with all the fires! --these came with a proper footprint--all ripstop and very light-and the pole system is all one-they work very well--tried to find them again but this is the nearest I've found--same design--and I bet same source--but at a vastly inflated price from Oz 322505624311
deksawyer

Post by deksawyer »

Looks like an excellent tent, wish I could afford the 2 man version.

D.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

That looks super. Good choice :D
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Morseman

Post by Morseman »

I'm starting to think about a taller tent for this rally season. I managed with a smaller two man tent last year, as I already had it and I could often go and sit with friends in their taller tents, but that's not always going to be an option and I would like to be able to stand up to get changed.

I'll have to take a look round at the local camping places and see what I can find, but the one at the start of the thread has given me a staring point to see if I can find something similar.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”