Holts Tyreweld.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Petethefeet

Re: Holts Tyreweld.

Post by Petethefeet »

Thanks for that. Off to get a can tomorrow, better than a long walk or a wait at the side of the road.
XT350 1988
Triumph Thunderbird 1957
Heff

Post by Heff »

Just picked up a can of this last week, but for car use.

After reading these posts, I think I’ll get another for the GSA :idea:
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

good to know steve ..

thats one of the reasons i wanted to go tubless to get rid of the valve ...i wernt as lucky as you mine let go big time and spat me head first down the road quite a bad fracture so that is why im trying to run sealent inside the tyre while elininating eliminate the valve base fatuge and to seal or at least slow the deflation down on puncture

...the valve was that bad no amount of sealent would have been any good ..it failed big time //scary alright ;) :ugeek:
Image16114185_10154837935008400_2786927568431782264_n by minkyhead56, on Flickr

Image16196061_10154837935058400_2581502683686840007_n by minkyhead56, on Flickr

Image16265504_10154837934968400_4080442672439780438_n by minkyhead56, on Flickr

heres another off me klr that was not looking good ..still intact but time was ticking on that tube ...

Imageaaaa by minkyhead56, on Flickr

good to know it will seal tubes ...the valve prob;lems are troubling ..i have since replaced the tube on every tyre change since ..as it was proper scary ...
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

It's great stuff as Steve says , I use it in my farm buggy and that gets driven through everything , a can fits neatly under the seat on the xt660 where the tools used to be , carry one in the truck , used it on my trials bike , ride on lawn mower , if the missus gets a leak she will be getting a can full :lol: :lol:
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

That tyre weld gear is great , got some in the van, car, much better than the foam stuff...
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Petethefeet wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:52 pm I have never used this but just out of interest how easy is it to remove the Tyreweld gloop from the rim and inside of the tyre if you want to reuse the tyre. I like the idea of it but if it rights tyre off every time you use it ....
[/quote :o

All of these type of products are water soluble, so simply wash out the tyre to do a permanent repair.
If you're taking the wheel to a tyre fitter for repair remember to tell him it is inside, we get pissed off when we find it the hard way. :o
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Another vote for Tyreweld.

Saw it used whilst in the middle of Galloway forest, on a punctured tube. Squirted the stuff in, rode it a little way to disperse it in the tube, put some more air into the tube, then rode it back to base camp, then all the way back home to deepest, darkest Englandshire :D

Always have a can of it stashed under the seat or in the tank bag. I have taken to covering the operating end in alloy tape having had a can operate in said tank bag :shock: . It might wash off of wheels, but it sure is a pain to get out of the inside of a tank bag :?

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

If you guys are having valves rip out of tubes I am guessing you haven't modded the rims at all, I always drill the rimlock and valve hole bigger and chamfer them and take off the nut at the bottom of the valvestem on anything used off road, better to let the valve twist at an angle than rip off the tube if it starts going down.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Strangely one of the guys I was riding with on Sunday used this for a puncture and it was shite!! leaking from the hose and it was like a white foam, is there two different types? also I unscrew the valve nut back up as far as the dust cap to allow for valve movement
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

If you guys are having valves rip out of tubes I am guessing you haven't modded the rims at all, I always drill the rimlock and valve hole bigger and chamfer them and take off the nut at the bottom of the valvestem on anything used off road, better to let the valve twist at an angle than rip off the tube if it starts going down.

That's what I do...I've had the odd flat with an angled valve stem but not torn off.

On my XT where there's no rim locks but a tight bead ...it's important that there's some movement at least.
Will It Buff Out?

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”