Biolite campstove

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
McCrae72

Biolite campstove

Post by McCrae72 »

Anyone use one of these? Seems like a great idea for extended trips wild camping.
Chalky723

Re: Biolite campstove

Post by Chalky723 »

If you're on a bike you've got a battery with you, otherwise you can carry a battery pack for ยฃ20 that'll last you a week.

It's a solution looking for a problem....
Slowrider

Post by Slowrider »

I love technology and it looks really cool. But for me its a bit too big. If I was driving a GS Van I might consider it. As Chalky723 says, you can charge everything from your bike. I carry a Jetboil as it packs down really small.
CB500 X with Rally Raid Level 3 Upgrade
Toured in : ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

BMW R1200C - Bought new in 2000 and I am still in love with it
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

We used one of these for about 5 months. Best bit of kit we had, useless at charging apart from emergencies as it was impossible to keep it burning consistently enough to charge. But for cooking it was great, for about 6 weeks we cooked every single meal on the biolite using only bits of twigs/branches off trees for fuel, this was in places where it was almost impossible to get hold of camping gas or where we didn't stop near shops for weeks on end. BUT for uk use, the little gas cookers, jet stoves are massively better/easier.
McCrae72

Post by McCrae72 »

Valid points, and the charger bit isnโ€™t really what I was thinking about, but not having to rely on gas, just foraging twigs etc to cook with seems like a good idea. Itโ€™s a gadget at the end of the day.
markoh

Post by markoh »

Why not go for a simple wood gas stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to โ€œTRAVEL GEARโ€