Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
johnsmithh

Best camping tent

Post by johnsmithh »

Very informative thread.
Billy Bananahead

Re: Best camping tent

Post by Billy Bananahead »

.....where we don't actually read anything and guess what the tents could actually be like :? :idea:
Gerry Atric69

Post by Gerry Atric69 »

Well as far as I'm concerned a tent is ideal if you can't / won't use a campervan but otherwise I'll stick to my campervan finished earlier this year.
IMG_1156.JPG
IMG_1156.JPG (22.03 KiB) Viewed 4741 times
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Best Camping Tent???....... are there other sorts of tents then?, a dancing tent perhaps?, maybe a skydiving tent??? :mrgreen:
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Oh apparently so...someone else is asking about tents for buggered knees, well I never!!!!!
Leserb

Post by Leserb »

I will share my experience since everyone is silent

I have kingdom 8 with the garage. The fucker is huge, but I'm camping with bikes + me and wifey + small child(ren) on desert blm land, so the bigger the better for me. For a childless couple, I would recommend the 4 or 6 unless you just want to go massive. The interior room divider is great if you want a little privacy. I also ended up returning the Coleman tent with good microfiber sheets like here - https://comfortersetreviews.com to Costco and getting the kingdom. The crappy Costco tent did not do well in any sort of inclement weather, necessitating the upgrade. The kingdom does well in the wind, considering it's enormous size.

I have friends who have a Springbar canvas tent for car camping, and they love it. Accоrding tо It's quicker to set up and take down than my rei behemoth. The only obvious downside I've noticed is that it is bulky when packed up compared to a similarly-sized nylon tent. I would consider how tight the car is when you typically go out for a long weekend. I would plan on the canvas guy taking up double the space of an equivalent nylon tent.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”