Boots for motocamping?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
SteveR

Re: Boots for motocamping?

Post by SteveR »

uturntony wrote:I have Altberg Hogs but they now leak so got a pair of Ex. German Paratrooper boots for 45 quid and they are great. Not sold as water proof but so far they have been. Easily as good as Altberg.
I had heard a few less than favourable reports on the Altbergs a few years back and when I looked around for touring bike boots to wear on and off, I plumped for ex German para boots too.

Love them to bits, waterproof with loads of dubbin or similar, comfortable and look good under jeans when walking about. Think I paid around 60 quid.
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

Dr Martens. Wore mine everyday for two months en route to the Himalayas, also wear them everyday in the summer for my commute to work.
The 'for life' versions are great value - they will replace soles and uppers forever, a bit like Trigger's broom.
Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
bowber

Post by bowber »

My wife has Altbergs and Haix, she prefers the Haix, they are well made and she says they are more comfortable than the Altbergs.
I tend to buy any old crap that takes my fancy, then trow them away after they inevitably wear out from walking.
Steve.
Lordorange

Boots for motocamping?

Post by Lordorange »

Between Haix & Altberg, depending on model I'd say Alteberg have the edge.
Although, ideally if budget allowed I'd choose Danner.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”