Pacsafe size question

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Ade-G

Pacsafe size question

Post by Ade-G »

I'm looking into getting a Pacsafe mesh to secure my tent when it's left on the bike. I've just bought a 'Wild Country Blizzard 3' which according to the website packs down to 43 x 18cm.
My questions are:
Does anyone have experience of using them?
What size would be most suitable for the tent, bearing in mind the smallest I could get away with the better?
Is there anyone on here that would be kind enough to share a photo of their Pacsafe in use?
I'd do the legwork myself but I can't find them in any of the high street shops I've been in.
Cheers
(thumbs)
Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not after you.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156038203@N07/
Grim Reaper

Re: Pacsafe size question

Post by Grim Reaper »

Just a word of warning regarding pacsafe stuff.
If you get one, do not use the locks that they come with.
I bought one of those clear padlocks and lock pick sets you see for sale on various chinese web sites (always fancied being a locksmith) and after mastering the clear padlock I had a go at some other locks I had lying around the house.
Found that the pacsafe locks didn't even need the pins lining up, just used one of the thin picks to open the catch holding the shackle closed directly, straight down the middle of the lock barrel, just move the catch to one side and it opens up. you can open these locks in seconds.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

I find the 35L one fine for a 3 man tent etc to secure it to the rack BUT do not travel with it in place as the wire is very abrasive. Just put it on as and when required. I tended to use mine when parking up the bike for a wander around new places as opposed to just popping into a supermarket. I was wondering about wrapping something around the dry bag to allow me to leave it on when travelling but not got round to it yet. In the end I just went with a lockable top box and a tent that fits into it.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

Grim Reaper wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:26 pm Found that the pacsafe locks didn't even need the pins lining up, just used one of the thin picks to open the catch holding the shackle closed directly, straight down the middle of the lock barrel, just move the catch to one side and it opens up. you can open these locks in seconds.
Don't say that! I thought I was either a master criminal or the next James Bond when I picked mine!! :mrgreen:

D
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Must be made by Master lock eh! :lol:

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”