Any experiance with Kriega Overland 30 kit.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
James_Death

Any experiance with Kriega Overland 30 kit.

Post by James_Death »

As Title folks,

Apart from a tube you vid of a 2013 model i think saying not good... have anyone experiance of the Kriega Overland 30 kit, this being the two 15lt dry bags fitted with the loop kit.

On an aside anyviews on the Kriega R8 endure pack and using with a Kreiga Hydro3 pack.

Thank you all in advance.
captinktm

Re: Any experiance with Kriega Overland 30 kit.

Post by captinktm »

Best kit you will ever strap to your bike. I have a set and have used them extensively on my two bikes, 525/950 KTM's. They are secure and are still waterproof after many miles of road. I am preparing for a trip east to take in the Stans and they will be my main carrier.

One of the best advantages over boxes is they keep the contents secure not allowing them to bounce around.
Mine are over two years old and have had a good kicking and are about to cop another 15000 km.
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

If you've got a pannier rack then I prefer the adventure spec magadan. I find them easier to use but they are substantially bigger than the overland 30. If you haven't got a rack then the Kriega set up is the way to go but I did get a bit frustrated with it. I just find the magadans to be more practical
gebrauchtwagen83

Sorry I'm just assuming it's for the tiger in your picture.
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I have a pair, not used the top loop though. Used them strapped to the top of my GS panniers, strapped to the GS pannier frames when I don't need the big boys plus on my CCM. On the CCM I found some IKEA chopping boards, at £1 each, to use as mounts. Quality as expected from Kreiga.

You can just make out the chopping boards on this one.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Ok so not the ones which fit to the hard plates on pannier racks? That being the case, I don't like them. They slip, don't sit correctly on ktm dirt bikes or yams, and frankly I find the system a pain. Overall kriega gear is v high quality and I am a huge fan of it, but these I really dislike and have ridden with them extensively. In Morocco once the straps slipped to the degree that I stopped in a village, had a guy heat up a nail, punch a hole through them then put bolts through to stop them slipping. For road riding it wouldnt be a problem but for anything bumpy or fast offroad, forget it.
gebrauchtwagen83

Mike54 wrote:Ok so not the ones which fit to the hard plates on pannier racks? That being the case, I don't like them. They slip, don't sit correctly on ktm dirt bikes or yams, and frankly I find the system a pain. Overall kriega gear is v high quality and I am a huge fan of it, but these I really dislike and have ridden with them extensively. In Morocco once the straps slipped to the degree that I stopped in a village, had a guy heat up a nail, punch a hole through them then put bolts through to stop them slipping. For road riding it wouldnt be a problem but for anything bumpy or fast offroad, forget it.
100% agree. Did my tits in after a while
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

Thanks folks, you certainly have given me something to mull over. To clarify, these are for the New to me 1999 DR350... not the Tiger, the tiger was when i did the trail Quest Day. I had some of those ikea chopping boards but not mounted to pannier frames. This was the tube you vid... Dont know if everyone will see it i know i get issues with viewing vids on my iMac Browser. Plus a general review elsewhere...
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

James_Death wrote:Thanks folks, you certainly have given me something to mull over.

To clarify, these are for the New to me 1999 DR350... not the Tiger, the tiger was when i did the trail Quest Day.

I had some of those ikea chopping boards but not mounted to pannier frames.

This was the tube you vid...

Dont know if everyone will see it i know i get issues with viewing vids on my iMac Browser.

Plus a general review elsewhere...

As I have said previously I like this gear. I will say though if you don't fit them well then they aint going to work. The guy in the second vid has them mounted all wrong. His top hangers are far too far back on the mudguard. They need to be closer to the seat, there is no need for them to be this far back, another mod I did (yes everything needs mods these days) is change the front cross over strap, this obviously had not been thought through as the original had a push down release catch which of course pushed down and released the tension when your arse touches it. If you really are interested I will do a vid for you.
nibby

Post by nibby »

If you want luggage for mainly off road riding have you looked at the Giant Loop kit? Great for off road when you have to carry gear.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”