Any experiance with Kriega Overland 30 kit.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Mike54

Re: Any experiance with Kriega Overland 30 kit.

Post by Mike54 »

Ha, well the irony of this is that Dom (the owner of Kriega) fitted mine for me.
BokitoJos

Post by BokitoJos »

They fit great and work well on my WR250R.
Solid stuff.
Dont notice them when riding trails, done lots of very bumpy trails .
Just follow the manual and it sits sollid as it should.
Neglect this idiot Y.T. shot als al other idiot stuuf on Y.T.
Netherlands
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

captinktm wrote: As I have said previously I like this gear. I will say though if you don't fit them well then they aint going to work. The guy in the second vid has them mounted all wrong. His top hangers are far too far back on the mudguard. They need to be closer to the seat, there is no need for them to be this far back, another mod I did (yes everything needs mods these days) is change the front cross over strap, this obviously had not been thought through as the original had a push down release catch which of course pushed down and released the tension when your arse touches it. If you really are interested I will do a vid for you.
The cam buckle does sound daft right where you can simon it and release it, certainly intersted in any mods.
Thank you.
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

nibby wrote:If you want luggage for mainly off road riding have you looked at the Giant Loop kit? Great for off road when you have to carry gear.
Briefly looked at them and like holster systems if you could get the holster then possibly put your own bags in.
Durham

Post by Durham »

I went for Enduristan from Zen Overland and fitted to my CCM.
Only one outing so far - 208 miles down through Yorkshire and Peak District to get to Birmingham. OK so far.
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

James_Death wrote:
captinktm wrote: As I have said previously I like this gear. I will say though if you don't fit them well then they aint going to work. The guy in the second vid has them mounted all wrong. His top hangers are far too far back on the mudguard. They need to be closer to the seat, there is no need for them to be this far back, another mod I did (yes everything needs mods these days) is change the front cross over strap, this obviously had not been thought through as the original had a push down release catch which of course pushed down and released the tension when your arse touches it. If you really are interested I will do a vid for you.
The cam buckle does sound daft right where you can simon it and release it, certainly intersted in any mods.
Thank you.
Hi, yes I have also taken a strap inside the bags attaching it to top and bottom mounts, this then means the load is spread over two mounting points. I clipped a tree while using them on the 525 and ripped out a bottom mount, so I have replaced all the mounts with a larger backing washer. The strap that joins the two bags together on the top is obviously adjustable and has a release buckle for easy removal. My 950 has home made rear crash bars which follow the line of the side covers. When I mount the bags on I pass the bottom strap through this bar and it means the bags don't flap at all. I love um!

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”