Airbeds

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Paul-S

Re: Airbeds

Post by Paul-S »

Rederic wrote:Exped Downmat the thick one (thumbs) (thumbs)

[center]Or you could snuggle up between these
things-that-bounce-thursday-15-gifs-2-1_2016-10-11.gif
[/center]
I always struggle with reading your posts Eric
west coast ratter

Post by west coast ratter »

Thanks for the replies ..and the piccies (thumbs) Id certainly wouldnt be cold with those two beside me :evil: lol was in Aldi today and they have in rolls of that bubble wrap covered in foil .. think that might do the trick .. :)
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
SteveR wrote:
I used them for a while, they are good for warmth BUT, you get damp spots if the sleeping bag is directly on top of the foil mat, better to put it under the sleep mat, not as effective, but zero damp patches in the morning :whistle:
Good advice - and better still if you bolt from a leaky borrowed tent in a thunderstorm and take refuge in a BBQ ... :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Indeedy.... :whistle:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

west coast ratter wrote:Thanks for the replies ..and the piccies (thumbs) Id certainly wouldnt be cold with those two beside me :evil: lol was in Aldi today and they have in rolls of that bubble wrap covered in foil .. think that might do the trick .. :)
Lidl have thermal winsdscreen covers for 3 quid as well this morning...
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

SteveR wrote:Lidl have thermal winsdscreen covers for 3 quid as well this morning...
I've seen em in the £1 shops (Poundland etc) before
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

I slept on an inflatable mattress when in Scotland in April. It was 2 degrees and the worst mistake ever, I ended up sleeping in all my bike gear I was that cold.
I bought a season 4 sleeping bag and a cheap cot from go outdoors. Between that I put my self inflating roll mat. The last couple of times I've been toastie, works a treat.
However, when camping in warm weather you can't beat a proper inflatable mattress but it does have to be a warm night
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

waynecoluk wrote:I slept on an inflatable mattress when in Scotland in April. It was 2 degrees and the worst mistake ever, I ended up sleeping in all my bike gear I was that cold.
I bought a season 4 sleeping bag and a cheap cot from go outdoors. Between that I put my self inflating roll mat. The last couple of times I've been toastie, works a treat.
However, when camping in warm weather you can't beat a proper inflatable mattress but it does have to be a warm night
To true - all in inflatable does is to bag up freezing cold air under you, now if it has a heating element ... oh, sorry, that'0s called a caravan :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
BobH

Post by BobH »

Using the Nemo cosmo insulated sleeping pad ( https://www.rei.com/product/865695/nemo ... eeping-pad) with the NEMO Strato Loft 25 Down Sleeping Bag (https://www.rei.com/product/896023/nemo ... eeping-bag). Best combination for me, almost as good as bed at home. When base camping, I add the Cot lite zzzz (thumbs)

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”