Quick erect tents...anyone use one?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Chasbmw

Re: Quick erect tents...anyone use one?

Post by Chasbmw »

Normal weather soft ground 3 mins.......blowing a holy and ground as hard as a rock 5 mins.....bloody quick anyway. These weigh around 3 KGs and pack really small, I have had this tent for a while, had to replace the groundsheet after camping on too many rocky pitches in Morocco, but has remained waterproof otherwise.
Note that many of the cheaper current range of Vaude tents have cheapened the brand by going back to bloody pole sleeves.
Chasbmw

Post by Chasbmw »

This is the current version of my tent: https://www.vaude.com/en-GB/Products/Te ... =114904000
Can be obtained at lower prices, especially at this time of year. Otherwise look for other Vaude tents with the external frame.
thebiggestjolly

Post by thebiggestjolly »

I'm new to camping, so thought I'd go idiot proof. Got the Khyam Igloo and it served me well for a 3 week bike tour this summer. Kept me dry on rainy nights, easy and quick to get up and down. And plenty space for 6'5 me, airbed, all my gear and too much other junk as well. Pack size is pretty big, but strapped to a pannier no problem. That said, I'll probably look for a smaller tent next year so it'll go inside the panniers.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”