Small brew kit

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Zookman

Re: Small brew kit

Post by Zookman »

If you want cheap and to only boil water.... Make your own meths burner out of a Coke can, or any can (loads of vids on youtube) Make a pot stand out of a wire clothes hanger. Buy a small saucepan from the poundshop. Get a 500ml bottle of meths from wherever.
Jobs a good un.
Africa John

Small brew kit

Post by Africa John »

Smallest one I've got is an Esbit 565ml using meths in either a trangia or white stove
Chasbmw

Post by Chasbmw »

I'm not a great fan of instant coffee, prefer the real stuff and with the cafetière mugs (mine is branded Zyliss) it's dead easy

http://www.consumableitems.co.uk/google ... Gwod3PsL4g
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Have read of the UKGSer thread about zebra billy cans 4th post down
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread ... oves/page4
I have the same setup
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Peirre wrote:Have read of the UKGSer thread about zebra billy cans 4th post down
I have the same setup
Thats a nice setup, i like it..... probably too pricy for the OP if he want cheap tho. Must be about 40 to 50 quids worth there.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Q plate wrote:That's 2 for Alpkit then :S sorry Andy I'm sitting in a bar to as it happens only in Crewe :dry: I have got free wifi mind :whistle:
Your link saved me the hassle (thumbs)

They really are excellent bits of kit and I'd recommend them to anyone.
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Prior to your trip, start gathering up the wee sachets of milk that you get in McDonalds and put them in your brew kit-very handy (thumbs)
Brads

Post by Brads »

Just buy a little gas burner with ignition, a canister of coleman gas and a little stove top espresso maker(2 cup version)

Pick yer own blend and have a decent blend in a few minutes every morning. total price, around £25
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Zookman wrote:
Peirre wrote:Have read of the UKGSer thread about zebra billy cans 4th post down
I have the same setup
Thats a nice setup, i like it..... probably too pricy for the OP if he want cheap tho. Must be about 40 to 50 quids worth there.
A zebra billy can will cost around £10 for a 10cm pot
I have both a 12cm & 14cm with a tatonka meths burner & stand in one, and a clikstand with a generic brass meths burner in the other. The 14cm pot has a folding stainless steamer in the bottom, with a melamine coffee mug where the burner is stored, along with several small items Inc a foam scrubbing pad, cotton wool, tea bags, & stock cubes.
The dish in the top holds the burner stand, pot grip, matches, spoon/fork, salt/pepper tubs and Thai soup spoons.
My 12cm pot holds most of the above but not the steamer
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Buy a Tragnia for £20 off of ebay second hand..use it a few times then sell it on here..it will sell as they always do.

That is bar far the best and cheapest way of doing what you want.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”