Bivvy bags

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Mad Hatter

Re: Bivvy bags

Post by Mad Hatter »

I've always found they make a difference, liners are good but they seem to make more of an impact with the bivi bag as well. Its all about layers, but a thicker sleeping bag will help (thumbs)

If you want to go cheap and your in a tent anyway just go and buy another sleeping bag, cheap as you like, and put the one inside the other, works well you just need the space.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Rather than a foam pad have you considered an airbed I purchased a Gelert Backpacker Airbed for £8.25 off Amazon after recomendations on here.They take up less room and provide better comfort and insulation than foam.
BillyC

Post by BillyC »

Whenever I've used a bivvy bag to sleep in I always find I'm soaked in the morning due to condensation in the bag. I would never use one inside a tent. Go with the sleeping bag liner makes a huge difference in warmth.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

A real silk liner is the best bit of kit you can buy!
Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

Exped 7 And three season bag inside an army gottex bivi.

Sorted.

Much better than a silk liner on its own and I sleep cold.

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Flannelette pyjamas or a fat bird....
steve_h80

Post by steve_h80 »

The gelert 6 reed airbeds are brilliant. Warm, pack small, and as each tube is inflated seperatly one tube going down isnt a problem.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Tramp wrote:Flannelette pyjamas or a fat bird....
No way Russ, but Flannelette pyjamas and a fat bird, now you're talking! (thumbs)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Tramp wrote:Flannelette pyjamas or a fat bird....
I'd need at least 8 pints to have either of those on me
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

BillyC wrote:Whenever I've used a bivvy bag to sleep in I always find I'm soaked in the morning due to condensation in the bag. ....Snip....
This confuses me. The whole idea of a bivvi bag (and it needs to be a Goretex one) is that it constantly breathes and takes away the moisture from breath and body.

I regularly use one when out on my own as it is simpler than putting up a tent and I can kip in hedgerows etc if I want to. The extra insulation provided by the bag is very good.Image

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”