Post by Redmurty »

I'm impressed with the build quality of my bag, tested in anger soon

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Mike54

Re: Mosko Moto Luggage

Post by Mike54 »

GlosterBoy wrote:Ok, I'm looking at the Backcountry 35 litre panniers as an alternative to alloy panniers on my GSA. I'm off to the States in September so I might pick a set up then.
can i suggest that if you want to do that you email them and tell them. they are not really a traditional retailer as such
JenP

Post by JenP »

Mike54 wrote:Excellent. The Tim situation seems like a one-off.
Had mine some time now & yes as Mike said in an earlier post great bit of kit and very sturdy. Mosko paid for the repair to mine & paid $100 dollars for putting me out. Can't say any more than that, on a plus point they're ultra compact but you do have to travel light but still managed 10 days to Spain with mine...
Timcat

Post by Timcat »

JenP wrote:
Mike54 wrote:Excellent. The Tim situation seems like a one-off.
Had mine some time now & yes as Mike said in an earlier post great bit of kit and very sturdy. Mosko paid for the repair to mine & paid $100 dollars for putting me out. Can't say any more than that, on a plus point they're ultra compact but you do have to travel light but still managed 10 days to Spain with
That should have come off my account!!
gbags

Post by gbags »

I'd like to add to this thread.
I bought my Moskos for a road trip in Africa after a recommendation. I have the Backcountry, 25l in the pipe side of my 800GS and 35l on the open side.
They are very tough and completely waterproof, the only downside being that you can't lock them shut or lock them to the bike, as you could with Mules. Going through borders alone would be easier if they were lockable. We get around that with me doing all the paperwork while my wife sits on the bike, looking decorative and keeping an eye on everything. To be honest, my roll bag, tank bag, sat-nav etc are also nickable so we'd have to look after those even if the Moskos did lock.
One on my mounts developed a bit of a gap making it a little loose while in Zimbabwe a day or two back so I emailed Mosko yesterday and asked for advice. They told me they'd DHL Express a new plate, set of mounts and everything I needed if I'd only give them an address to send it to!
That is outstanding service! No quibbles or dithering, just immediate solutions.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

my stuff worked really well in Iceland (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)

gbags

Post by gbags »

gbags wrote:I'd like to add to this thread.
I bought my Moskos for a road trip in Africa after a recommendation. I have the Backcountry, 25l in the pipe side of my 800GS and 35l on the open side.
They are very tough and completely waterproof, the only downside being that you can't lock them shut or lock them to the bike, as you could with Mules. Going through borders alone would be easier if they were lockable. We get around that with me doing all the paperwork while my wife sits on the bike, looking decorative and keeping an eye on everything. To be honest, my roll bag, tank bag, sat-nav etc are also nickable so we'd have to look after those even if the Moskos did lock.
One on my mounts developed a bit of a gap making it a little loose while in Zimbabwe a day or two back so I emailed Mosko yesterday and asked for advice. They told me they'd DHL Express a new plate, set of mounts and everything I needed if I'd only give them an address to send it to!

That is outstanding service! No quibbles or dithering, just immediate solutions.
I know this is an old threat but I have an update.
We were in Zambia when we spoke to Mosko and we asked them to send the replacement to us in Windhoek (two countries further on). We got there and waited a week and the plates never came so I told Mosko that we'd have to push on without them. TIA- This Is Africa.

We eventually shipped our bike back home to U.K. from Cape Town and I later asked Mosko what happened. I was told that the plates took months to get to, and then back from Africa.

Today I received the back plates, two of them, all free, from Mosko. There wasn't even any import tax this time. This is great service from a very friendly company.
Skyliner

Post by Skyliner »

I'm thinking of getting the Reckless 80.

Just wondering if anyone is in the Manchester area that I could have a look at their bags before ordering.

Thanks
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I got a reckless 40 which is on the way to south of Spain for a tour of Moroc. I highly recommend them as I severly tested mine in Iceland all kit dry and bags are tough (thumbs)

20160924_185407_2017-04-05.jpg
20160924_185407_2017-04-05.jpg (45.29 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
riverxing.jpg
riverxing.jpg (71.06 KiB) Viewed 3167 times

cheers Spud ;)

kito

Post by kito »

Those, the altrider and the rally enduro from these guys http://xcountry.pl/index.php/en/ are on my short list

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”