Coleman tents any good?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
redbikejohn

Coleman tents any good?

Post by redbikejohn »

Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
LargeWayRound

Re: Coleman tents any good?

Post by LargeWayRound »

I have the coastline 3

I like it .

I will give you a full review later when I get a minute . Working at the mo
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Yamaha tenere 700

Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

I've just bought a Phad X2, I fancied something smaller than my old (but good) Eurohike tent, (which is very similar to the Rock Three') and that was quicker to erect.
Not had a chance to use it yet, or put it up. The quality looks good though and it comes with some very good quality hardened aluminium pegs, not the bent wire things.
Phil

Post by Phil »

looked into buying that Phad tent myself, quality tent. Just never got round to buying it...using a Gelert Rocky 3 at the mo that i used to use for festivals. (cheap and cheerful but not ideal for trips on the bike)
f2uk

Post by f2uk »

I have just used this one
tauri connect x2

on our trip to Sweden.
Perfect for one person, room for the gear and an absolute doddle to put up!
Pack size is small enough to go in the pannier (exhaust side) on the GSA along with airbed, pump, sleeping bag, blanket and tarp and groundsheet and a few other odds and sods .... like a folding table!

You can get them in 3 and 4 person versions as well.
Moto Marshal

Post by Moto Marshal »

I have got a Coleman Coastline 3 Plus. Had a couple of weeks earlier this month in Norway in some pretty heavy rain. Did not leak at all, even when put up in the rain, just make sure all the guy ropes are pegged out correctly. Pack size is good for size of tent. Head height is not to bad, could stand up bent over and I am just over six foot which makes it easier for getting trousers on and off! Found I could almost fit my Transalp under the front flap with just the screen forward sticking out, will post up a picture when back on my home computer.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi John..

Paul -s next to me at the wilts meet had a phad 3 and you saw how much stuff he had..looked ideal and good in the rain too ..

The tents with a porch area are best and both pauls and mine vango omega2 are same weight and similar size packed etc..both have allot poles and pegs with pitch in one..

meaning the inside is attached to the outside so when its raining the inner tent dont get wet..Those vango`s can be had for good money on ebay £80.. had mine 2 years and toured with it great tent..
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Thanks for the replies so far. The reason I was asking about those specific tents is because I might be able to get them cheap.
Yamaha tenere 700

beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Hello john,

those first 2 you posted look a bit on the heavy side to me. Im always concerned with the weight and space of things when away on the bike. I bought the Vango Banshee 300 just for small pack size and weight (only 2.5kg's) but this has no porch to speak (small boot type thing) of so most gear has to go inside with me..which is a pain in the wet.

I'd also find out if the tents can be errected in one, mine cant so the inner goes up first...which means in the rain things get wet if Im not quick getting the outer up...or doing it under a tarp as I did last Friday!!!.

Id go for the Coleman Phad 3, as Russ points out Paul's did look pretty good and ticks all the right boxes.

Mike

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”