Anglers sleeping bags......

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
trickytree

Post by trickytree »

....after a new winter sleeping bag but I don't want a mummy type, to claustrophobic as I suffer occasional panic attics. Lots of carp fishing bags out there, anyone use em? I realise there heavy and bulky but many of them claim to be 4-5 season and as Mrs tree doesn't do camping carrying one shouldn't be too much trouble.
Ta.
numptyspence

Re: Anglers sleeping bags......

Post by numptyspence »

I use the Big Basin Sleeping Bag from Colman.

On the pros side its roomy and very warm, on the cons its big and takes up more room than my 3 man tent.

A pic to give you some ide of its size.
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

trickytree wrote:....after a new winter sleeping bag but I don't want a mummy type, to claustrophobic as I suffer occasional panic attics. Lots of carp fishing bags out there, anyone use em? I realise there heavy and bulky but many of them claim to be 4-5 season and as Mrs tree doesn't do camping carrying one shouldn't be too much trouble.
Ta.
There's a fifth season?

Why am I never told about these things?

Bloody government.
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

Try an expansion panel in a normal bag. Snugpack and cirrus make and sell them and they add around 6" or more (depending on what you get) to a bag. Just make sure the zip and it's length are right for the bag.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

trickytree wrote:....after a new winter sleeping bag but I don't want a mummy type, to claustrophobic as I suffer occasional panic attics. Lots of carp fishing bags out there, anyone use em? I realise there heavy and bulky but many of them claim to be 4-5 season and as Mrs tree doesn't do camping carrying one shouldn't be too much trouble.
Ta.
The Army sleeping bag / system 58 pattern is very good value for money. Basically a 4/5 season down sleeping bag with removeable liner, hood and you can clip a Goretex bivvy bag to it, which negates the use of a tent, perfect for adventure riding in the warmer climates. Shop around http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/ ... -bags.html there are loads out there.

Sarge
nug800

Post by nug800 »

5th season is chemical or nuclear attack (thumbs)
trickytree

Post by trickytree »

Mmmmm, I was expecting big, but not this big :laugh: Also bought a Outwell self inflating mat, and this is a crappy picture of them both rolled up together. On the plus side Mrs. tree, a vociferous anti camper, even admitted it looked cosy, and is, somewhat reluctantly, quite envious. On the other hand it would probably have been easier to hitch the BM up to the bed and towed the whole lot down to Devon.
I'm assuming it will all fit inside the Vango Force 10 (cotton inner and outer version, itself no lightweight). Best jack up the preload on the rear shock :unsure:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (45.4 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

I switched to a sleeping quilt with a good quality mat and have slept well ever since. Not sure I would rate mine as 5 season though but good enough down to 0.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”