Camping / Bike Kit Bring and Buy

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
MarkN

Camping / Bike Kit Bring and Buy

Post by MarkN »

I've just been reading a couple of threads where people either have some bike kit or some camping kit that they want to get rid of but aren't sure if anyone would buy it.

It's struck me that we've probably all got something in the garage or spare bedroom that we might like to move on and might be of some use to someone else.

What we need is our own bring and buy / car boot sale. Somewhere central might be good. That way we can bring along gear that we don't use etc and get a few quid for it. Or, we sell our stuff and buy someone else's!

We could also do this at club rallies, let people know what you're bringing and see if anyone wants it?

My local bike dealer did this last summer where a lot of riders brought kit along they no longer needed and the place was full with new and young riders buying good quality kit. Young lads buying boots and gloves etc because they could afford to get them - everyone benefited.
markoh

Re: Camping / Bike Kit Bring and Buy

Post by markoh »

Yes, I was reading the camping equipment addict thread. Great idea.

Maybe a car camping weekend or at least welcome cars for a bring and buy weekend.

There is a list of pubs with campsites here:
Pubs with Campsites
markoh

Post by markoh »

How about this for a venue:
Victoria Bikers Pub
They have car boot sales on Saturdays and Sundays and camping and music and ale and food and...
Map
Looks central
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I'm in, my workshop is heaving with impulse purchases that could help others out. Pretty sure I'd come back with more than I came with though...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

I might end up buy more stuff!!!!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I originally thought it'd be a pain getting kit there if it was a camping weekend but Coalville isn't bad for me so I could load the car up with the unwanted crap that's cluttering up our attic.

If I'm really cunning I can forget to tell my wife until I've sold all her stuff then just hand over about £20 and say that's all I got for it.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Great idea Mark.
Dedicated permanently nailed up FOR SALE thread would be a good Idea rather than the odd one off.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
geordy paul

Post by geordy paul »

Oi, that was my idea,
MarkN wrote:I've just been reading a couple of threads where people either have some bike kit or some camping kit that they want to get rid of but aren't sure if anyone would buy it.

It's struck me that we've probably all got something in the garage or spare bedroom that we might like to move on and might be of some use to someone else.

What we need is our own bring and buy / car boot sale. Somewhere central might be good. That way we can bring along gear that we don't use etc and get a few quid for it. Or, we sell our stuff and buy someone else's!

We could also do this at club rallies, let people know what you're bringing and see if anyone wants it?

My local bike dealer did this last summer where a lot of riders brought kit along they no longer needed and the place was full with new and young riders buying good quality kit. Young lads buying boots and gloves etc because they could afford to get them - everyone benefited.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Dates dependant I'm in but run the same risk as Jim.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

markoh wrote:How about this for a venue:
Victoria Bikers Pub
They have car boot sales on Saturdays and Sundays and camping and music and ale and food and...
Map
Looks central
YES mainly because it's literally 5 mins from me hehe

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”