camping equipment addict

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
fullerton

Re: camping equipment addict

Post by fullerton »

devon john wrote:having lots of kit ?????? but how often do you use it !!!

john
hi john,

with my missus, my point exactly so i have a rule now, if we are away on the bike and i complain about something we pack cause she insists and does not use it, it goes in the bin.

for example, a beach towel and we are in the alps, "but you never know" comments

steve
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Bernard Smith wrote:I use my Helinox inside the tent.

Take two plastic tubes (pipes). Pull off rubber tips from chair. Mark where the legs would fit inside tubes - drill homes. Push tubes onto legs.

Sorted. (thumbs)

Now you have a bar running between legs at front and same at back.

ADDITION - when you drill, make sure it's a tight fit for the chair legs into the plastic. Otherwise they'll fall off everytime you lift the chair up........ (thumbs)
Sometimes the info on this forum can leave a lot to be desired, but that Bernard is genius & like most good ideas you wonder why on earth you hadn't thought of that. (thumbs)

I've been using 4 tennis balls....which gets a laugh anyway. They do smell rather awful after a while :pinch:

I used to have far too much camping stuff...it's wittled down a fair bit now. Only 3 tents to declare (one really should be retired but is my favourite, even though it now leaks through the groundsheet).

Ladies & gents I may have conquered my tarp addiction. It's been 12 months since my last relapse :laugh:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
markoh

Post by markoh »

picos mestizo wrote:
Bernard Smith wrote:I use my Helinox inside the tent.

Take two plastic tubes (pipes). Pull off rubber tips from chair. Mark where the legs would fit inside tubes - drill homes. Push tubes onto legs.

Sorted. (thumbs)

Now you have a bar running between legs at front and same at back.

ADDITION - when you drill, make sure it's a tight fit for the chair legs into the plastic. Otherwise they'll fall off everytime you lift the chair up........ (thumbs)
Great idea.
I was about to bin mine because of it's legg disappearing act on grass (rubber feet are buried in Normandie somewhere)
Notice the new version has different leggs.
Doubt they'll be offering a retrofit @ your nearest dealers though. :whistle:
I took mine back and was given a replacement. I said that the feet should have been glued on etc. Bought mine from cotswold outdoors
Stubbsie

Post by Stubbsie »

Only 1 tent !

But lots of other stuff though.

Work on the premise of if it doesn't fit in my yellow North Face Bag not worth taking.
markoh

Post by markoh »

KtmRy wrote:
AndyB wrote: Helinox copy chair
I've been thinking of getting one but I was wondering if you could do away with the 4 legs and just sit the chair on the floor where you've pulled them out from?
Screenshot_2015-01-28-14-08-14-1.png
The chair you want is an Alite Monarch:
Monarch Chair
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

Yes thats the one but nearly twice as dear as the chinese copy so that is why i asked the question about removing the legs because if it is possible then its more or less the same as the Monarch but for a lot less money although on the link you supplied it states lifetime guarantee so in the end it would be worth the extra, it is the first time i have seen it with that guarantee so that has made my mind up (thumbs)
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

Quote from Alites website below, does this mean you still get the same warranty but you have to do it through the retailer you purchased it from???

We stand by our stuff!

All ALITE products embody superior workmanship and come with a lifetime guarantee. If your gear is defective or broken due to no fault of your own, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know what happened. Generally, we will instruct you to ship the product back to Alite so that we can confirm that it is eligible for warranty. Upon confirmation of defect, we will either repair or replace the item. In addition, we will reimburse you for shipping cost.

PLEASE NOTE: ALITE is not responsible for items purchased from retailers outside of the US. Please visit your retailer for warranty returns. If you reside outside of the US and have purchased an ALITE product from our website, please be aware that we may need to charge for shipping additional items depending on the circumstance.

Warranty guidelines for the other brands we sell are provided by those companies independently.
markoh

Post by markoh »

Best bet would be to ask backpacking light, they sell them:
BackpackingLight
moto al

Post by moto al »

image_2015-01-31.jpg
image_2015-01-31.jpg (62.61 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
One tarp .a sleeping bag. Heaven (thumbs) glen Coe last jarre (thumbs) (thumbs)
moto al
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

moto al wrote:
image_2015-01-31.jpg
One tarp .a sleeping bag. Heaven (thumbs) glen Coe last jarre (thumbs) (thumbs)
Notice you've got 2 milkmaids stools there AL............
2's up I still use & prefer mine in front of all the other 4 legged gizmo contraptions I've got.
Cheap, light, stable & easily stashed on the bike. If they work for the Milkmaids then that's good enough for me (thumbs)
Wasn't Tidy Friday @ Glen Coe was it Al. :dry:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”