sorry another tent question

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
spasm

sorry another tent question

Post by spasm »

hi everyone, were off on a 12 country tour in 5 weeks time camping all the way. i currently have the khyam igloo, its a great tent but packed down its massive plus i have to crawl to get in it as the opening is low and i have dodgy knees.
im looking for a good size tent 4 berth to get my kit in too, that will erect easily and quickly, and i can maybe just stoop down to get in, and not huge when packed down. sorry i knows its another tent thread B)
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
PaulinBont

Re: sorry another tent question

Post by PaulinBont »

Coleman Phad x3
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Visit your nearest branch of Go Outdoors and actually look at what you're buying rather than going by what others recommendations.

Most branches have a massive selection of tents up and ready for you to get inside to see if they're big enough and then you walk over and look at one of them packed and you know exactly what you're getting.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Theres a vango 4 berth currently on offer at go outdoors so worth a visit. Budget is going to come into play though, good headroom 4 berth tents usually pack huge unless you go uber technical.

Try before you buy
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

http://www.gelert.com/gelert-cabana-2-tent-789067

this is a big 2 man tent (loads of space) goes up in about 15 mins - and you can easily stand up in it.
And is now loads cheaper than when i bought it :angry: . Not the lightest of tents though.
ianrd

Post by ianrd »

have a look at the vaude chapel 3 not cheap but you can stand up in the front,lightweight,small pack size i bought my one from spain a lot cheaper than here
davsato

Post by davsato »

Khyam QE tents pack size is governed by the built in pole system, but I've never had a problem with them and I've had bigger tents like the biker and freeranger[lander?]
You just make allowances I guess, they are huge compared to many tents but I love the room of a big tent
Dave
markyt

Post by markyt »

try halfords oskai 3 person stand up tent cheap as and 8kg i think so not to bad
Shrek

Post by Shrek »

Vango Halo 300 is a 3 man tent with double entrances and can sit in chair inside
Kinioo

Post by Kinioo »

Recently I got myself Kelty TN 2. A week ago I paid 110 on Amazon!! Its a 2-person tent but 1 with luggage would be ideal. Light, easy to erect, two doors, two decent vestibules; the TN2 features shorter poles so you can pack it into a flat (can also be packed as standard roll tent), rectangular Tent Cube to help save space; Will give it a go very soon on 'Bikes on the farms' rally.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”