Useful Kit - Cooking and Water Filtration

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
GOG 007

Re:Useful Kit - Cooking and Water Filtration

Post by GOG 007 »

Trailqiest wrote:
Available from many cheaper outlets, not including Touratech.
Fixed it for you, £99.00 from Touratech, £54.99 here http://www.rvops.co.uk/jetboil-cooking- ... qef267vea1 they do take the piss with their pricing. :angry:
davsato

Post by davsato »

GOG 007 wrote:
Trailqiest wrote:
Fixed it for you, £99.00 from Touratech, £54.99 here http://www.rvops.co.uk/jetboil-cooking- ... qef267vea1 they do take the piss with their pricing. :angry:
you want pisstake prices? check out their £85 tripod stool!! and im not kidding, thats EIGHTY FIVE POUNDS STERLING for a £3 aldi special
Dave
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

davsato wrote:
GOG 007 wrote:
Trailqiest wrote:
you want pisstake prices? check out their £85 tripod stool!! and im not kidding, thats EIGHTY FIVE POUNDS STERLING for a £3 aldi special
I think I wrote a piece on that on XRV a while back, still as long as there are numpties who don't care about the cost so long as its got TT on it, they will carry on :huh:
davsato

Post by davsato »

cant believe im doing this, is this what it is to be middle aged, taking pics in the garage and writing about what i take camping?

heres my tranny, a 27 series non stick alu with gas burner. only had it a few months, but impressed with its speed and gas economy compared to my last setup.
everything you see fits in the trangia except the spork, spoon, olive oil and gas. what you cant see is the insulated mug that id had for years till my mrs washed it/dropped it/bust it last week, jar of coffee, and several bottles of alcohol.
i always take the extra pan, it fits in the outer one so well it takes no room and you never know when you want 2 pans. the burner goes in the little black bag with the firesteel, thats the best way to light it, if you reach in with a match or lighter you'll lose the hairs up your arm! i usually eat straight out of the pan but i dont want to wreck the teflon on these, so ive just added a little plastic bowl. the little box has a swiss army knife (handier in the "kitchen" than my leatherman), some salt, garlic granules, oxo cubes, ketchup. with as much kitchen roll stuffed between things as will fit, to stop vibes and because you can never have enough kitchen roll.
this is what i take for a few days/long weekend camping, longer trips get a bigger box with more and varied ingredients to make anything palatable, whatever i can get hold of.

to be honest, food availability is getting better and better, even in this country corner shops and farm shops have a good choice, you can even get bread in petrol stations your not stuck with pot noodles anymore
trangia.jpg
trangia.jpg (395.57 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
Dave
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

I warmed up the Swed Army Trany , this evening ..

Yip , It still working .. no moving parts helps.

:) :)

You can also see my little table I made up ..
:side:
africajim

Post by africajim »

I do like the look of that kit Craig, just not the carrying of meths and how volatile it can be! I didn't really pay attention to it last yr, I'll see it in action in a couple of weeks mate!
Honda, the power of dreams.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Aye Jim ..

My Kit comes with a little bottle that fits inside the stove when packed, I have been using this without issues . But I am going to get a proper bottle for carrying the fuel .

Same size as the Sigg in the picture (My Water Bottle) but with a fuel safe top .

I will have to show you at galloway ..
Alun

Post by Alun »

Gentlemen, this is serious hard core stuff. There can't be many sites where grown men break out the camping stoves on a Friday night to post photos on an internet site. I love it.

I was going to join you but my son is 4 days into a month long cycle trip in Europe and the little buggers gone off with my Trangia.

I'll dig around the potting shed (rusty dump at bottom of garden) for my MSR in the morning and post up my first brew.

I salute you.
davsato

Post by davsato »

Alun wrote:
I'll dig around the potting shed (rusty dump at bottom of garden) for my MSR in the morning and post up my first brew.

I salute you.
pah, i can black hat that if i had some good old fashioned kerosene lying around, id fire up the old optimus '00' and melt a hole to the centre of the earth
Dave
Alun

Post by Alun »

davsato wrote:
pah, i can black hat that if i had some good old fashioned kerosene lying around, id fire up the old optimus '00' and melt a hole to the centre of the earth
You threatening me with that Optimus dude? I'd take a minute to reconsider if I were you, I'm seriously tooled up this morning, including a few titanium cooking pots and a couple of custard creams.
Pots_n_pans.JPG
Pots_n_pans.JPG (91.22 KiB) Viewed 2488 times

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”